What to have for lunch at work?

Options
kerrimiller2018
kerrimiller2018 Posts: 31 Member
edited March 2018 in Food and Nutrition
I just started counting calories/portion control this week and I am looking for ideas for lunches to bring to work. I generally don’t have a lot of time to prepare lunches so I am looking for ideas that are quick and easy, under 400 calories and will keep me full until dinner time, but I still want to feel like I ate a lunch and not just a bunch of snacks.

Any good recommendations?

Replies

• sarahscott9064
    sarahscott9064 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I pack a lunch every day for work. Here’s some of what I bring....
    Salads- chicken, tuna, lunch meat, veggies, etc. you can do a LOT with salads. I make sure I measure the dressing before I put it in a separate container, that way my salad doesn’t get soggy.
    Wraps- I use the Aldi brand multigrain wraps. 120 calories. Load them up with things like black beans, rice, veggies, lean proteins like chicken or tuna....and a lot of times I use plain Greek yogurt in them.
    Fruit
    Veggies
    Greek yogurt
    Hardboiled eggs
    Soups
    Leftovers if I’m in the mood

I throw a bunch of things together. I love packing a cold lunch. Easier on the wallet AND the calories. And you’re not stuck eating the same ol’ fast food all the time. I love subway, but even that gets boring and expensive.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Veg noodles. I bought one of the smaller Vegetti things, worth the money... Noodle up some zucchini, give it a quick stir fry, add in a lil pasta sauce or pizza sauce (I have low cal ones ready)... If I'm feelin' saucy, some cheese.

Side of either rice or pita bread (I still love carbs), fruits to snack on, veg (carrooootttss)...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I like to have a turkey wrap and a salad or two turkey wraps.

Tumaros 10in tortilla (80 cal)
    Turkey (45 cal)
    Lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, banana peppers, green peppers
    (This makes a HUGE wrap which is very filling)

Side salad with tomato, cucumber, onion, radish, light dressing of choice (<50)

Big lunch for <300 calories. Sometimes I pack two wraps instead of a salad and still <350.

I wrap the wraps in tin foil which keeps them together and just peel off like I am eating a burrito.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I cook 40-50g pasta and mix it with a little pesto and heaps of veges, maybe a protein source. Makes a good-sized, filling lunch.
    Can do the same sort of thing with cottage cheese- mix with salad veges and some cold meat. Add in some fresh herbs and it’s amazing.
  • silviamartins
    silviamartins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I pack my own lunch, I usually bring a wrap with chicken and veggies or a pita with pizza toppings with a lot of veggies
  • kerrimiller2018
    kerrimiller2018 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I’ll have to look in to getting the vegetti thing. I’ve been wanting to make veggie noodles and now would be the perfect time to try it.