Appetite/Hunger Suppressants?

Options
Has any one had any experience with these? Most commonly taken in the form of a capsule.

I recently purchased my first lot of natural hunger suppressants - they should arrive either today or tomorrow.

They are made from an African Plant called Hoodia Gordonii and their ingredient p57 is what makes the user feel full more often I believe.

Apparently these will decrease my caloric intake by 30-40% ...

Views on this? Experiences to share?

Replies

• calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've used exercise to stem hunger. It took me a few days to get used to not eating as much as I used to, but it gradually faded with time.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    PANTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Most of the ones I see on the shelf are using caffeine to suppress appetite and, as I like my coffee, I'd rather get it that way.

On another angle - if I only ate when I was hungry and managed to eat fairly healthily then I wouldn't need to make so much effort. I feel that my problem is not eating when hungry but all the other times I eat - when tired, cold, bored, pissed off with the world - so suppressing my appetite wouldn't help much.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    The problem with weight loss isn't in how many calories you consume. The amount of calories you consume is merely a side effect of lack of self control. There aint a pill, shot, drink, or injection in the world that will teach you self control. You need to learn that on your own.
  • missa1982
    Options
    If you just up your protein intake as part of a healthy diet it will give you that feeling of being full for a lot longer. Your body needs fuel in the form of food, not capsules. You just need to make the right choices. I'd be very wary of a capsule that claims that.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I've tried quite a few types over the years. None currently on the market (that I have tried) have really worked. All have given me side effects I'm just not willing to live with (migraines, that horrible jittery feeling, nausea).
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Don't let a pill control you.
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    I've done this too haha, to execute a quick workout routine when I am feeling slightly hungry.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I don't even like taking prescriptions that are necessary, I definitely wouldn't trust some pill that I don't really need that can be bought online.

Eat several small meals so you never have to go a long time in between eating, drink plenty of water (it helps keep you full and also sometimes dehydration symptoms can mimic hunger). Once you've been here for a while, your stomach will get used to the amount of food it should be getting.

My rule to go by, don't do any diet regime (fad diets, totally giving up things I love, taking pills) that you cannot see yourself doing FOREVER.
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    I am using a * Natural* Hunger Suppressant - taken three times on a daily basis. There are no mentioned side affects and I have done allot of background research.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Amphetamines are super effective and not so trendy.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    Dextroamphetamine has been my loyal servant for many years re:MrsCon40 I think these natural suppressants will be a bit more healthy ;)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Honey, eat. Please.
  • Amber824
    Amber824 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The problem with weight loss isn't in how many calories you consume. The amount of calories you consume is merely a side effect of lack of self control. There aint a pill, shot, drink, or injection in the world that will teach you self control. You need to learn that on your own.

I agree completely!
  • Natalie43
    Natalie43 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    this is so wrong on so many levels:noway:
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Last I read, although it's been a few years, there's so little known SCIENTIFIC fact about Hoodia. I want to say there are only two companies that have patents on using it for pharmaceutical products. I've yet to see a study from either. I could be wrong though.

At this point anything I've read has been purely anectdotal. Save your money. Eat well.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    As someone mentioned, eating protein will keep you full longer. More fat will do that same.

The thing to keep in mind is that your body works by giving you signals. Most of the time, if you haven't eaten enough and it needs food, it will tell you by being hungry. By feeding it something like this, basically you're just shutting it up.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    PANTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

^^ This, this: :ohwell: , and real food

Oh, and I prefer to chew on nature's given coca leaves . . . they are unprocessed, natural, and only come with slight side effects.