Scale Question

Options
I am staying with a friend who has a scale that doesn't go to my weight, this is an analog scale not a digital one.

I was wondering is there a way to calculate the weight based off how far past the 0 it goes? If not I understand I am just curious, I would love to be able to continue to weigh myself but I can not go out and buy a new scale right now as my life is in a chaotic place.

If this doesn't make sense just let me know and I will try and clarify.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There should be a dial on the scale you can turn to bring it to 0 before you step on
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I don't believe so.

On a side note, recording weight from 2 different scales is bound to give you 2 different numbers. That's a big reason why people recommend using the same scale at the same time of day in the same location (less room for variation/error). I assume you can't use the same scale you've been using?
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I don't believe so.

On a side note, recording weight from 2 different scales is bound to give you 2 different numbers. That's a big reason why people recommend using the same scale at the same time of day in the same location (less room for variation/error). I assume you can't use the same scale you've been using?

No, Sadly I can't. I left my boyfriend and had to move into a different living situation. The old scale is where he is. I may just suck it up and buy one next pay check. I would like to keep track but it is proving like I may have to address my life issues before worrying about the actual weight check in. I've been doing better about food out of the stressful house though, so that's good!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Maybe switch to taking measurements for a while and concentrate on the rest of what you have going on? You can get a tape measure in the home goods section at Target pretty cheaply, with the sewing machines and ironing boards and stuff.
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Maybe switch to taking measurements for a while and concentrate on the rest of what you have going on? You can get a tape measure in the home goods section at Target pretty cheaply, with the sewing machines and ironing boards and stuff.

That's a great idea! I may look into this too.