Gimme the Skinny - August Challenge Team 21 - (closed group)

Options

Replies

• kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have 4 miles done so far for the week I will do another 2miles tonight. I have kept up with the challenges I have all my points for the week so far. GO TEAM!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say how great you guys are doing. As of right now, we're TIED FOR 3RD PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with 226 points!

Wow... considering we lost 5 team members the first week, I think tied for 3rd place is pretty good. Now that we're back to a full roster and we have everybody working their butt off like this, I think we can definitely make 1st place before long. Go skinnies!!! :)
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Just did 5.5 miles, so I've got 7.5 down. :) finished exercise challenge for today
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    how about a curb and just stepping up and down off it?

Excellent idea! See, that's why I love this team!
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Boy, you guys and all your extra miles this week! Way to go! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I am feeling so bad because I barely have time to get my regular miles in this week, never mind the extra. I did do 1.45 extra on Monday and 1 extra on Tuesday, despite the chaos, but that one counted towards my daily challenge, not the weekly challenge.

Maybe I'll skip the dinner prep tonight, do something easy, and go for a bike ride with my daughter after school. Well, that is only if I do not have to run out to buy some supplies they HAVE to have by tomorrow morning, or have ten thousand annual forms to fill out that "HAVE to be back by tomorrow or we get a zero".

So, somewhere in all of that, I still have to fit the morning REGULAR two miles that I missed today with the driving to school and then back home to wait on a bus for the middle schooler.

I just want you all to know that I AM trying, and I WILL get my 5 in by Saturday. I promise.:heart:
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Hey Tracy, how are we in pledged miles? Will we make our 100 miles this week based on what was pledged?

I could throw more in on Friday after work, if necessary, but I can not squeeze it in until then and Saturday.
  • heofon
    heofon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Did today's challenge - 50 setups + 50 mountain climbers.
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Crunches and mountain climbers done. Did 100 total because I was not sure if 1 was left then right or if each knee up was one. So I counted each knee up as one which totaled 100.

Biked 2 miles with my daughter who has only been riding two wheels sine July 4th. Then walked a mile with my dog. The mile will count to my regular exercise, the biking towards our team miles.
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Did today's challenge - 50 setups + 50 mountain climbers.

Way to go! Woot woot!
  • brihare
    brihare Posts: 7
    Options
    Got another 5 miles in today! 3 at work on the treadmill and walked with my Fiance (kdmallon) for another 2 after dinner :).
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    DONE!
    This is getting harder....especially when your 15 year old volunteers you to host a sleepover for 15 volleyball players in the middle of the week!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

150 crunches
    50 mountain climbers
    under calories (by 33 cals)
    finished my water

and did 2 bonus challenge miles on the elliptical....now to finish cleaning my house.

Goodnight ALL you SKINNYs people :)
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Got another 5 miles in today! 3 at work on the treadmill and walked with my Fiance (kdmallon) for another 2 after dinner :).

AWESOME!! I love that we have couples doing this together !! Good luck you two...KICK BUTT :)
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Got 2 miles in and then the crunches and halfway home on the mountain climbers. Working on my last glass of water now. :)
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Challenge done for today! And also... I agree... yay for couples doing this together! :) I find myself working even harder when there's a fellow teammate living in my house. :)
  • lmmiller1
    Options
    I have done 5 of my 10 miles...I thought I was doing good, but reading what y'all have done in the weekly challenge....I have done nothing! You all are doing AWESOME :)
  • heofon
    heofon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Did about 7 miles or so with my wife and then did about another 10 by myself. 17 miles altogether (yesterday).
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    OMG you guys, TEAM SKINNY RULES!!!

i'm so proud of how many miles you all have been putting in!!!

I'm sorry to say that I haven't counted up our total miles yet, work has been insane this week, but I will make a point to do it today. Our new member Share also has done 9 miles already for the team, so I think if we all do our committed miles, we'll have this in the bag!

Crunches & mountain climbers complete for yesterday! I've done 3 miles for the team so far.

Today's Challenge:
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup
    or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s

Scale hasn't moved yet for me this week, which i'm not thrilled with. I think I need to eat more, becasue with all this working out i'm not netting enough calories. I just feel like if I eat more, than it seems like no matter what I eat, I go over in sugar or carbohydrates for the day. I'm trying to eat more protien, but i'm not a meat lover, so it's all pretty much forced protien. I do like egg whites though, so trying for those at least 1x per day.

I see lots of other weight losses on my news feed from you guys, which is AWESOME! Team skinny rules!!

~Captain
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    OK, we all pledged 100 miles (well 101, but that's ok)

AND SO FAR AS A TEAM WE'VE DONE 65.95 MILES!!!!!!!!!!
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Way to go guys! 65 miles done so far way to go! I have done 5 out of my 10 so far. I will do another 2 miles tonight. I am trying to run the miles which is a struggle for me but its nice my 7yr old loves to run with me and she has a nice steady pace unlike daddy who is crazy fast. So last night when I ran with her it was a lot of fun.

Tagrady- I haven't seen the scale do anything so far either. Its up by .5lbs so I need to kick it in the butt. Yesterday I had a really really bad day of eating so I am sure that didnt help!

Off to work til 6pm (central)
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Did about 7 miles or so with my wife and then did about another 10 by myself. 17 miles altogether (yesterday).

Whoa! You rock!