What's the most disgusting food you've tried so far on your journey to a healthier you?

Options

Replies

• emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    "Naturally flavored" whey protein powder. Made it into a protein shake and it just tasted like spoiled, chalky milk. I've got a huge container of the crap if anyone wants it.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    pretty much every protein powder Ive ever tried, thay all make me gag, bleck.

Tomatos, ive always hated them but tried them because I come to find out I actually like a lot of the stuff I always thought I hated, But tomatos still are nasty.

Vegetarian brats, I like smart dogs (the only decent veggie dog ive tried) but the brats are aweful
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    greek yogurt, hands down. that *kitten* is so nasty.

for me it depends on the brand. I can not stomach chobani, but love dannon light & fit, and Oikos
  • missemmibelle
    missemmibelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough protein bar.

Or anything with Erythritol. It tastes like poison.
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough protein bar.

Or anything with Erythritol. It tastes like poison.

I tried the quest bars...I usually can power through things I don’t like but this one I threw in the trash after two small bites.
  • cmh308
    cmh308 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars. Blegh. The sweetener and chalkiness is terrible I really don't understand the love for them.
    Shirataki noodles and kale. No thanks.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower fried rice is probably the most disgusting thing that i made. I had meal prepped an entire week of it too and had to choke it down. Never again.

I sometimes use cauliflower rice to bulk up regular rice. It works pretty well for this purpose but I agree that I can't use it 1:1 as a substitute for the real thing.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Wasn't really on a "journey to a healthier me" or anything but fermented soy beans from Korea. Literally rotting to the point they were slimy and coated with this mucous stuff.

Same here! I only know this as 'natto' in Japanese cuisine. Its the worst!
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower rice. I love cauliflower. I love rice. But I hated trying to have cauliflower rice. I might have made it wrong, but it was not nice
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Coconut anything. Blech! Not even a bottle of rum can make coconut taste better to me!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    ACK :s ACK GAG......Quinoa, bulgur, brown pasta!
    <3 ...couscous, polenta, dreamfields pasta!
    I tolerate brown rice.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I tried microwave zucchini noodles. The kind in a steambag you just throw in the microwave. Way too watery and mushy.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Kombucha....that stuff is NASTY.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Kale.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    JCam8383 wrote: »
    Today I made Quinoa for the first time... BARF!!

to me, it's that texture. I don't like that or tapioca, or bubble tea.

I tried collard greens for the first time in years, and still found it disgustingly appalling.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    JCam8383 wrote: »
    Today I mad :# e Quinoa for the first time... BARF!!

This is what I was gonna post when I read the title! Reminds me of stuffed animal filling!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Vega protein powder, coconut water
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried or eaten anything that I haven't eaten in the past. I've always like a wide variety of foods, both nutritious and not so nutritious.

We were into quinoa way before quinoa was cool from a trip to Peru where it is a staple.