Diet and Workout Problems

Options
2»

Replies

• xsix
    xsix Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    evgfupm7kjec.jpg Just and I doubel checked against a second app and got the same results. Going to leave it at this focus on the journal get some more data and see how it goes. Thanks for all the help guys :)
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    xsix wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    xsix wrote: »
    I weigh 236 pounds at the moment, I did not believe it my self and today but I only really ate 1500 calories today of which and worked out this morning about 870 calories burned, did not go as hard as usual today.

To clarify, when eating clean you do not eat junk, you can eat junk and create a calorie deficit which is not where I want to be. My idea is to create a calorie deficit by eating healthy food for the most part. Not eating clean while reducing calories = poor gains and no energy in class.

s5mfe4ddnn7b.jpg

"A two-hour Muay Thai session in Thailand, if you push it hard, might burn anywhere from 1000-1500 calories including the run most Thai gyms have students do before training. I generally estimate around 1200-1300 IF you did a run before training, but it could be more or less depending on what you are doing and how hard you are doing it. If your “training” is mostly sitting around and talking to people around you, then cut that amount in four. If you’re hitting the pads and bag like your life depended on it and filling your break periods with pushups and sit-ups, you stay for clinching and sparring, and you knee and teep the bag 200 times after training, and you do 30 minutes of skipping or a 30 minute run before the session then 1500 calories might be a solid figure."

My Coach is a beast!!!!! To put it lightly her workouts put Thai coaches to shame and she trained and fought there, she puts us through it!

This is certainly not true, especially since there isn't a standard one what eating clean means. And you can easily gain weight eating all natural "clean" foods, especially when those foods are higher in fats like avocado's and nuts.

Having said that, why would an active male only eat 1500 calories, when you are that active? Also, can you open your diary to the public so we can see where your issues are? I get the sense that you aren't logging consistently which can easily be the issue or if you are logging, you aren't using a food scale.

I'm big on cyber security so I usually don't leave my profiles on any site open to the public. If you want to take a look let me know and we can talk offline. I'm in school full time at the minute and did not have enough time to enter everything into MFP last month admittedly calorie logging on line has been hard to keep up with, I have to get my fitness journal back up to full sped again, school took it out of me last two months. Thanks for the help

You do realize logging your food/calorie intake is a key component of the mfp app. You are not really doing mfp for weight loss if you only log some of your foods.

Not logging all of what you eat is leading you to inaccurate data on your food intake. I am doubtful your calorie burn during excercise is also accurate.

If you half-heartedly attempt to follow the mfp plan, your results are most likely to be off regardless of whatever macro split you decide to go with.