Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's the most disgusting food you've tried so far on your journey to a healthier you?

Replies

• alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Kombucha - at first I liked it and drank it daily, now I gag just thinking about it!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Well I confirmed recently I still hate pickled beets. Yuck. The worst ever though, was some protein shake packets I found at Natural Grocers. I got an orange dreamsicle and a cookies and cream. They sounded amazing. What I got was some thick, foamy , kind of goopy substance trying to pass itself off as a beverage. Also it was so sickly sweet, and no amount of cutting with water of milk helped. Ew.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,989 Member
    Almond milk....NOPE!
    Left a slimy feel in my mouth and then got quite ill. And, no, it hadn't gone bad...I spilt the carton with my coworker and she was fine. Never again.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    edited March 2018
    Coconut water (HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DRINK THIS)

Also, those Premier Protein clear drinks. It is whey protein pretending to not be protein... the chalky milk aftertaste made me throw up acid milky fruit punch through my nose... OH God still one of the worst experiences I have ever had.
    v3dxrnzbleal.jpg

And what a shame, bc I love everything else Premier makes
  • freenowphoever
    freenowphoever Posts: 52 Member
    Flaxseed oil. Gag!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    I second jack fruit. I tried a sample at Trader Joe's. It was covered in a green coconut Thai sauce. It was like eating giant boogers...covered in a green coconut Thai sauce :grimace:
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    I second jack fruit. I tried a sample at Trader Joe's. It was covered in a green coconut Thai sauce. It was like eating giant boogers...covered in a green coconut Thai sauce :grimace:

ah! I've been wanting to try it...maybe not so much now :#
  • akiraherr
    akiraherr Posts: 16 Member
    A Quest bar, it was supposed to taste like a cookie or something. First time in 12 years I felt like I was going to throw up.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 17,377 Member
    When I was a kid, my parents drank brewer's yeast mixed into orange juice. At one point they were also getting desiccated liver powder. All of it tasted like dirt! They were reading the Adelle Davis books at the time. Now I know she was a quack.
  • Jenna2315
    Jenna2315 Posts: 614 Member
    Coconut water & mushrooms..yuck
  • MatheoHans
    MatheoHans Posts: 26 Member
    Coconut water, almond milk and tofu
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member

Oh dear...scratched that off my list :/
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Add me to the list of coconut water dissenters.

I don't mind kale in a salad or a smoothie...but I have both made and bought kale chips and didn't like either version. Kids wouldn't eat them either.

I've been pondering that can of jackfruit at TJ's myself...but the comments above make me think it's going to stay on the shelf.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Tofu. Back when I was a vegan I ate a lot of tofu, and I hated it so much, but I didn’t know what else to eat for protein (this was back in the 90s). I tried it prepared so many different ways, and it was always vile.

I hear all the time that tofu has no flavour, and it soaks up the flavours of what it’s cooked in, but I find tofu to have a very strong flavour, and it’s not a good one. It overpowers the entire dish. Gag.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    ilfaith wrote: »
    Add me to the list of coconut water dissenters.

I don't mind kale in a salad or a smoothie...but I have both made and bought kale chips and didn't like either version. Kids wouldn't eat them either.

I've been pondering that can of jackfruit at TJ's myself...but the comments above make me think it's going to stay on the shelf.

That was me, and to be fair, it might have just been the presence of the jack fruit in the green sauce that was off-putting. I'm not sure how else it's used, but maybe it would be better if prepared in a different way. I'll let someone else try that… :wink:
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Whey protein powder YUCK, so much yuck! Pea protein is the only powder I've found so far that I can stomach but it still tastes pretty gross, I only use it in recipes like protein pancakes or protein balls.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,102 Member
    Jack fruit tends to depend on whether you have it ripe/unripened and how it's cooked, I've tried both. The ripe was a bit too sweet but would be nice in Upside down cake or something similar. The unripened fruit is really good as vegan alternative for Pulled Pork (and I say this as a fully fledged omnivore), I had it in tacos at a friend's market stall - yum!!
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Spirulina powder and an attempt a turmeric tea.....I leave the turmeric for my curry night treats thank you very much

My dad has Tumeric water every morning, personally I thought it was mainly flavourless and just used as a colouring