Diet help to lose weight

sflano1271
sflano1271 Posts: 121 Member
Hi, im 95kg and im 29 years old male. Do you think this diet is ok for the gym I lift weights most days of the week along with 15 minutes of cardio before I workout on the bike as cardio here it goes for breakfast I have 2 weetabix with normal cows milk then midday have a banana then for lunch have ham sandwich with cup of tea with drop of milk in it the after gym have a protein shake then for after noon snack have a bag of popcorn then for dinner have queen potatoes with chicken breast or pork chop grilled and carrots and turnips then for evening snack have a protein bar then before bed have a casein protein shake and drink plenty of water everyday do you think this diet will work for me to lose weight plus try build up a bit of muscle mass??? :#

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    sounds great
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,027 Member
    Definitely just dump the protein shake stuff, that's all I'm saying. Especially before bed. It's not being burned in a workout so it'll just turn into fat. Work out if you wanna bulk, you've got the nutrients you need already, it's just that it's going towards building fat rather than building muscle.

If the protein shakes aren't putting him in a surplus, he won't gain fat from it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    That all sounds fine but have you tried logging it here ? just to get a handle on the amount of calories you are actually consuming because that is the key to weight loss - eating at calorie deficit.