Can I lean out on this?

Options
I wanna start seeing some muscles ; these are my marcos 157gs of carbs , 210 grams of protein, and 70 grams of fat. Thats 2100 calories per day. I run 5 times per week and am starting to strength train 3-4 times per week.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    No way to know unless you provide your stats (height/weight). How many calories does MFP give you?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How many minutes a day are you running?
  • 2600cals190carbsFix
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    No way to know unless you provide your stats (height/weight). How many calories does MFP give you?

I am 5'6 and 134.1 pounds
  • 2600cals190carbsFix
    Options
    How many minutes a day are you running?

Between 30-50 minutes depending on the day
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Maybe measurable fitness goals will be better than just visual results - record how many reps, how heavy you can lift, how fast and long you can run.

I couldn't and wouldn't eat a diet to those specifications - too much protein and too little fat for me (boring/strict).
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I wanna start seeing some muscles ; these are my marcos 157gs of carbs , 210 grams of protein, and 70 grams of fat. Thats 2100 calories per day. I run 5 times per week and am starting to strength train 3-4 times per week.

You have to have muscles in order to see them, So that's first. If you are just starting to strength train, we have no idea what your existing muscle mass is or how long it may take to see/build it.
    That's a huge overkill on protein. Shouldn't hurt you, but it's an expensive macro and doing a lot of running, it certainly wouldn't be a problem to swap out some protein for carbs.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    rybo wrote: »

You have to have muscles in order to see them, So that's first. If you are just starting to strength train, we have no idea what your existing muscle mass is or how long it may take to see/build it.
    That's a huge overkill on protein. Shouldn't hurt you, but it's an expensive macro and doing a lot of running, it certainly wouldn't be a problem to swap out some protein for carbs.

To add onto this.. running 5 days a week and lifting 3 or 4 days a week is going to make it more difficult to recovery and is going to limit strength gains.

With your lifting program, is it a structured program or do you just go into the lifting room and do random stuff?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

I am 5'6 and 134.1 pounds

How much leaner do you want to be?
    rybo wrote: »

psuLemon wrote: »

To add onto this.. running 5 days a week and lifting 3 or 4 days a week is going to make it more difficult to recovery and is going to limit strength gains.

With your lifting program, is it a structured program or do you just go into the lifting room and do random stuff?

And This!!