Anyone Watch my 600-lb life?

Options
saymyname2
saymyname2 Posts: 842 Member
Anyone watch this show?
I find it an amazing inspiring show!
Thou I'm not doing the weight loss surgery route I love to see such amazing success and it pushes me forward.
If you can find it I think its def worth a watch.

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I've watched it. Not religiously. I find it interesting.
  • saymyname2
    Options
    I can relate with alot of of the issues some of the people have makes me feel less alone.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I can relate to aspects too.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I used to watch it, I haven't watched TV in a while.
    It always made me want to eat more for some strange reason. I started to get paranoid that there were subliminal messages, because seeing those people struggle shouldn't make me want more food when I'm not hungry, but it did.
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite shows.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    I think I've seen every episode... that and Hoarders.
  • daisyf123
    daisyf123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, I watch it. I think it is very inspirational.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    I have watch it and it just pisses me off when in the beginning of the show the caretakers buy the person junk food knowing very well you are slowly killing them . They can't get out of bed so someone is feeding them bad food .
    But it is nice to see at the end they make a change with or without there support .

I remember one guy was a real tool and put her down for trying to lose weight .

I know! The caretakers can be such enablers on that show!

I saw an episode that the spouse/partner was so into bigger girls that he threatened to leave her if she had the surgery.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    I would also like to recommend watching "Supersize Vs. Superskinny" on youtube. OMG, guilty pleasure.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it, and think its very inspiring. I imagine the story of how they got there.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    I would also like to recommend watching "Supersize Vs. Superskinny" on youtube. OMG, guilty pleasure.

And "fit to fat to fit". Its crazy watching the transition, must be hard on their bodies tho.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    I enjoy it, and think its very inspiring. I imagine the story of how they got there.

Not all but a good chunk of it is due to sexual abuse

Some form of an abuse for sure to compensate.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love that show! Although majority of the time I find it inspirational when the person want to continue their journey to health. I am very frustrated and disappointed when some fail to do so after the show because by being on the show, EVERYTHING is paid for regarding surgical procedures.
  • saymyname2
    Options
    hud54014 wrote: »
    I think I've seen every episode... that and Hoarders.

OMG! I love hoarders! lol
  • saymyname2
    Options
    I have watch it and it just pisses me off when in the beginning of the show the caretakers buy the person junk food knowing very well you are slowly killing them . They can't get out of bed so someone is feeding them bad food .
    But it is nice to see at the end they make a change with or without there support .

I remember one guy was a real tool and put her down for trying to lose weight .

I had and I stress HAD an enabling hubby.

He doesn't like really thin girls and was a bit worried when I started on this journey.

He's fine now and knows its about my health and nothing else and is now very supportive.

From that experience I think the care takers feel like they are no longer needed and don't know where they fit into the journey, not realising that just going for a walk with the person is 1000xs better then buying cake.
  • saymyname2
    Options
    vmlabute wrote: »
    I love that show! Although majority of the time I find it inspirational when the person want to continue their journey to health. I am very frustrated and disappointed when some fail to do so after the show because by being on the show, EVERYTHING is paid for regarding surgical procedures.

I get so pissed and yell at the tv when the people on there dont take the opportunity seriously!

But it does make for good telly lol
  • saymyname2
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Cutemesoon wrote: »

And "fit to fat to fit". Its crazy watching the transition, must be hard on their bodies tho.

Haven't seen this one yet i'll have a go tomorrow!