hate veggies

Options
kamula
kamula Posts: 49 Member
I hate vegetables. any ideas how to make them? I now have a protein sachet for lunch and dinner and a protein bar for snacks. no sugar and no fruits too. i was recommended this by a dr.

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Put on your big girl panties and eat your veggies! You'll learn to like them.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options

LOL! Harsh, but true. Just like when we were kids- you eat them because they are good for you and keep you healthy and strong. Have you tried mixing fruit with yogurt and making a smoothie? Also, you can veggies to things like spaghetti sauce to help hide the particular vegetable flavor.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Get the freshest possible. Go to your produce stand. Fresh veggies always taste better. Make sure to steam them, also. It keeps the nutrients there and preserves the taste.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    There's not a single vegetable you like? At all? Under any circumstances?

I bet if you think about it, you'll come up with something. And a lot is how they're prepared.

I make huge salads with baby spinach, tomatoes and onions, then add some cheese (of your choice) and I love Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing -- just oil and vinegar and spices and a tablespoon covers the whole salad.

Stir fried veggies over pasta, asparagus is yummy steamed or broiled or roasted or grilled, broccoli maybe with a little butter or a little cheese (a little goes a long way).

There are just so many choices and so many ways to prepare them. Maybe look up some recipes online.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My husband will eat some veggies if he can dip them. You can cut them up small and put them in your favorite sauce (I used to put carrots in my spaghetti sauce), or cook them and then blend them up and put them in a sauce. Also how many ways have you tried veggies? I can't stand just plain cooked vegetables, but I love them raw, or I can handle eating them steamed...they are not quite so mushy and have a lot more nutrients left in them. Experiment with different veggies and different ways of making them; a little at a time at first
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It takes trying something seven times to acquire a taste for something. Time to commit to healthier you and just do it!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    you can't 'hate' all veggies - there is so much variety in flavor & stuff you can't hate them all. Try different things. steam them, grill them - marinade them. I LOVE grilled veggies & so does my family, even the kids.
    chop them up & add them to recipes like tuna salad & spaghetti sauce - hide them in there, they add flavor & texture but you won't 'taste' the veggie.
    make zuchinni bread, banana bread - tho I wouldn't eat it every day.
    I don't know how ppl eat w/o veggies & fruit and I can't imagine how you'd lose weight
    Good luck with that
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I hate vegetables. any ideas how to make them? I now have a protein sachet for lunch and dinner and a protein bar for snacks. no sugar and no fruits too. i was recommended this by a dr.

How can you hate all veggies? There are so many different textures and flavors. How can you really hate them all. Try putting peanut butter or cheese on them. Mash cauliflower as you would potatoes and serve with mushroom and onion gravy. Try them roasted!! There are many veggies I didn't eat my whole life because I thought I didn't like them, but I really ONLY like them roasted. Brussel sprouts are one. Hate them, steamed, boiled, baked. But they are one of my favorite veggies when tossed in olive oil, garlic and chili powder than roasted. (400 deg oven for about 20 min).
  • kamula
    Options
    thanks guys i will try...better than wasting money and letting it rot in the fridge. xxxx to all
  • kamula
    Options
    :laugh:
  • bellaxero
    Options
    I made cauliflower mashed potatoes last night.. those were yummy and tasted just like normal mash!

Get that Jessica Seinfeld book, its for kids really, but it will show you ways to introduce the veggies you arent eating into normal everyday food

Just a thought ^_^