Dreaded Plateau

Options
I've been stuck at 163.6 for a few weeks now. :grumble: I understand the concept of "eat more, exercise less" and having a good balance of food and exercise (cardio and strength). I am, right now, doing Jillian Michaels's six week six pack. She does HIIT training, with a mixture of cardio and strength. I am on the start of week 2, level one. :smile:

You can look at my food diary, it is open to the public. I just want to know what I can do to get myself out of this plateau, it is discouraging. :ohwell:

Replies

• Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've been on that plateau forever. I'm building a house here~
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    try zig zagging
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: plateaus are the WORST! when i hit my plateau, i increased my strength training a TON. also, i dropped my calories down to 1200 just for a little bit (even just dropping them every other day to 1200, like zig zagging) and then really helped.

good luck and if you need any help, please friend me!!!
    Becky
  • ozycat
    ozycat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, but there seems to be quite a lot of processed food, and not many veggies and fruit. Perhaps upping them and dropping the cheese and bread might help?
  • Elysian13
    Options
    I usually do eat fruit and veggies, but lets just say I have not gone grocery shopping in a while. Haha :blushing:

I am slowly trying to cut processed food out, but it really is hard! Considering everything now is almost always processed. :ohwell:

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Am I doing enough exercise? :huh:
  • swtkaylasmommy
    Options
    i only went back a few days but one thing i see is a lot of bread and not enough fruit/veggie intake. try nixing the bread at least for breakfast. instead try 2 eggs with lots of veggies mixed in (my fave is peppers and on the weekend i also add a little cheese for a treat). I find that eggs keep fuller longer and give me the energy i need.

lunch for me varies alot. sometimes i eat a sandwhich...usually turkey cheese lettuce and tomato on a 100 cal sandwich round. total comes to about 200-220cal with a side of carrot stix or a serving of raw almonds. or if i'm not that hungry i have an activia cherry yogurt with mini wheats mixed in (which also happens to be a fave dessert)

dinner i stick to chicken or talapia with lots of veggies and a side salad on night when my hubby is working. And i try to use more creative healthy recipes on nights he's home so he feels more satisfied. i recently discovered that cauliflower is my best friend because it can be made as a substitute for so much. cook it and mash it top with a little fat free gravy and you've got yummy mashed taters or put it in a food processor for yummy "rice" i even found a recipe for pizza with the crust being made from cauliflower. that is my next recipe to try :) if you look up raw food there are some great all natural recipes. nothing saying you can't add a meat item on the side if your not looking to go vegetarian (i add meat)

changing or upping your workout routine will also help and lots of water (water intake is my biggest struggle)

Good luck...push through and you will make it!
  • Elysian13
    Options
    Thank you for your comment. :)