What do you listen to /watch while working out?

Options

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I listen to music on Spotify. Usually I just search something and then choose a playlist that some random person put together. Right now I’m listening to a rage against the machine list
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Drake.
    Coheed and Cambria
    Slipknot
    Disturbed
    The offspring
    Theory of a deadman
    Wiz kalifa
    Dj khaleed
    Jeez
    Lil Wayne
    Korn
    System of a down
    Jay Z
    Rag n bone man

List goes on.
    I like your list
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It may sound weird, but, when I'm on the treadmill, I watch horror movies. With 3 kids and a wife that hates scary movies, it is really the only time I have to watch them.

BTW, stay away from "The Bye Bye Man"...

Not a good movie!
  • TimeForJade
    TimeForJade Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I listen to Post Malone while working out lol. Relaxing yet gets me pumped.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    I can see having music playing while working out.

But if you can watch a show or read, guess what?

You ain't working out.

If you ain't huffing and puffing and sweating, you ain't doing it right.

LOL. I frequently run up to half-marathon distances (at 8-something minute miles/7 to 7.5 mph, so while I'm not winning races, I'm definitely running at a reasonable pace) on my treadmill while reading an ebook. I am "huffing and puffing and sweating" with my HR up around 170, but I'm reading as well.

I know not everyone can read or watch TV on a cardio machine, but I've never had trouble doing it. I just bump up the font size a bit on my iPad and tap to turn pages while it's resting on the treadmill ledge. Netflix is even easier since I don't even have to poke the screen every couple minutes.

If I'm running outside, I just listen to music or an audiobook or the Zombies, Run! app, but inside I like a little more distraction since staring at the wall for almost 2 hours gets tedious. So...book.

My Spotify running playlist is here and it is TERRIBLE. I will listen to anything with sufficient BPM and so it is a bewildering combo of current stuff, 90s favourites, and every catchy thing I heard in a bar in my 20s.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel......loved it! Watch shows on the Elliptical. Listen to books when I run.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I mostly road cycle...so usually listening for traffic and watching the scenery.
  • Xeniaeas
    Xeniaeas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can;t watch TV. Just could never focus on it. Usually rock or electronic music.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hard and angry old metal....Judas Priest, UFO, Sabbath, Metallica....With some angry guitar from Trower, SR Vaughan and Hendrix.
  • mmerry5
    mmerry5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with the theory that if you can watch TV etc then you are not working out. Anything you are doing above and beyond sitting around is better than nothing. I get between 10,000 and 20,000+ steps per day. Much of which is on my treadmill in the winter months. Mostly walking. I'm typing this as I walk right now! Granted, I'm not walking all that fast at the moment, but I'm still moving! I surf the web when I'm walking and find Netflix series and movies as well. I try to choose series that have multiple seasons. For two reasons, they are usually pretty good if they make it through more than one season, plus I don't have to search for things to watch as quickly that way. I ONLY watch it while on the treadmill and that sometimes helps me to walk even longer when I get to the good parts I want to keep watching! When I'm running, I can't type and surf, so during those workouts, I'll just watch my Netflix series.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

You ain't working out.

Check out the gatekeeper over here.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Drake.
    Coheed and Cambria
    Slipknot
    Disturbed
    The offspring
    Theory of a deadman
    Wiz kalifa
    Dj khaleed
    Jeez
    Lil Wayne
    Korn
    System of a down
    Jay Z
    Rag n bone man

List goes on.

@jessef593 we've got some music in common ;)

I like it hard and heavy...
    Slipknot, Parkway Drive, Trivium, Unearth, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Betraying the Martyrs, Hollywood Undead, Atreyu
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Outside? Usually nothing. I want to be paying as much attention to my surroundings as possible

On the bike inside: I'll watch anything that can keep my attention. Generally TV shows, bike races, or documentaries. Sometimes Global Cycling Network depending on the day and how many videos that I haven't seen.
    In the weight room: The local classical radio station turned up as loud as possible in an attempt to drown out the ambient music.
  • amarneu
    amarneu Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Shows about people who want to loose weight lol, or kitchen nightmares to disgust me out of being hungry
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

You ain't working out.

That's cute. Good to know that your inability to pay attention to things other than your workout applies to all of us. I can't imagine that the cyclists racing the Volta a Catalunya this week, Paris-Nice a few weeks ago, or Milan–San Remo last week were working out as it were. I mean they were paying way more attention to what was going on around them than I'm sure you do when you work out and they had race radios on!

Professional bike racing? Definitely not doing it right.
  • julescarita
    julescarita Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really like podcasts
  • chrissy201509
    chrissy201509 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I listen to Post Malone while working out lol. Relaxing yet gets me pumped.

I love post Malone !!
  • egweber1
    egweber1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

You ain't working out.

LOL. I frequently run up to half-marathon distances (at 8-something minute miles/7 to 7.5 mph, so while I'm not winning races, I'm definitely running at a reasonable pace) on my treadmill while reading an ebook. I am "huffing and puffing and sweating" with my HR up around 170, but I'm reading as well.

I know not everyone can read or watch TV on a cardio machine, but I've never had trouble doing it. I just bump up the font size a bit on my iPad and tap to turn pages while it's resting on the treadmill ledge. Netflix is even easier since I don't even have to poke the screen every couple minutes.

If I'm running outside, I just listen to music or an audiobook or the Zombies, Run! app, but inside I like a little more distraction since staring at the wall for almost 2 hours gets tedious. So...book.

My Spotify running playlist is here and it is TERRIBLE. I will listen to anything with sufficient BPM and so it is a bewildering combo of current stuff, 90s favourites, and every catchy thing I heard in a bar in my 20s.

You ain't working out.

You ain't working out.

• egweber1
    egweber1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Podcast: “groove electric” or “pod runner”. Same artist. Absolutely perfect if you like to tune out and just work your body for a bit.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    This is a little embarrassing but I put spotify in the background down low and watch people game on twitch.tv playing my favourite games but at a high level! Keeps me occupied.

TEEHEE. I'M A SUPER NERD AND I REGRET NOTHING.