Time to start

Options
OK here it goes day one, I really need to lose weight , I would like to lose about 42 pounds ( I could probably do with losing more but this is my goal for now) I have no self control and very little motivation , I eat when I'm happy, sad, bored,ect , I lost my mum 2 years ago and I have not stopped eating. I need to do this for me, I'm not happy with the way I look and I'm not happy with how unhealthy I feel and am, so today is my day one, good luck to everyone out there xx

Replies

• Sarahzxr
    Sarahzxr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’ve just re joined MFP and would be happy to add you as a friend to help each other on this journey
    Sarah xx
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I need all the support I can get also. Lets do this together
  • marsh_pearce
    marsh_pearce Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I think finding a way to stay motivated is the most important thing - everything else will follow on from there!
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • SunshineAndBreeze
    SunshineAndBreeze Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We can do this! :)
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me, I lost my mum suddenly last year and I’m an emotional eater too mostly when sad or stressed. I am giving myself small targets at the moment because like you I could be doing with losing over 40lbs but when I look at the number I worry I’ll put too much pressure on myself and fail so my first target is to lose 14lbs and I’m halfway there so far x
  • Neelie013
    Neelie013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Day 1 here. Can relate to your challenge a lot.
  • Kingsfan760
    Kingsfan760 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me, I'm in the same boat to lose 40lbs.
  • TimeForJade
    TimeForJade Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your story is incredibly similar to mine. I’ve always struggled with my weight (I’m an emotional eater) but once I lost my Mom 5 years ago I became super depressed. Best of luck to you as well
  • jennlea30
    jennlea30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • xxerniexx
    xxerniexx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    welcome! feel free to add me!
  • Kathryn143
    Kathryn143 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new to the app, just completed my first week, have gained a lot of weight in the last 18 months, I am an emotional eater also. My health is now suffering because of the weight, my blood pressure is through the roof and my back and knees hurt, so enough is enough, I want to be healthy and go for long walks and not be in pain. Feel free to add me.
  • 43kelli
    43kelli Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me. I want you lose 30lbs by my vacation in July. I want to do this for me.