Hi all! Brand new here.

Options
So here's my long story short:

I've always been overweight from the time I was a kid. I had a lot of difficulty between my teens through today with self-esteem. I've covered it up with a lot of sarcastic remarks and attitude, but was never short on showing love and support to anyone. I was married, had children, bought a house, got divorced and foreclosed in a matter of 3 years. After that, I had dropped 40+ pounds, and met someone else. Fell head over heels and spent several years trying to make that work. It didn't (more of my own self-esteem problems). All the weight came back, hard. I drank, I slept, I did the bare minimum for survival, and cut myself off from family and friends. I was tired all the time, and sleeping for 12 hours a day. Finally I went to the doctor, and as it turns out, a lot of my problems were tied to hypothyroidism. Within just a few months, I had dropped 10 pounds. I also went back to the second guy for a second chance (FYI- That's dumb, don't do that).

So here I am. 36, mother of 2 boys, mid-career, and shifting gears. I don't see anything else. I want to lose weight. I'm around a size 18, and I want to get back down to a size 10.

So if there's anyone out there that has a similar story, or is looking for support, I'm very interested to see if this online support system is beneficial. For me, or if I can help anyone else.

-C

Replies

• heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I started years ago and it helped me focus and achieve my fitness goals. Then decided to leave, and well.... Im back.
  • XMetalMomX
    XMetalMomX Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome back then! Time to get down to business! :)
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Jenniferakajacel311 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'd be happy to support you, one size 18 mom to another :wink: