Encouragement and Confessions

Options
Okay, this is the place to vent about weight loss struggles. So today, I feel huge and the scale hates me. I have a period coming at the end of the week aka water retention and increased appetite. I also have a cold aka more water retention. I have made some awful food choices this week and I'm sad about all of the above. :(

Replies

• missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Kerry2291 wrote: »
    Instead of feeling sad feel grateful you that you had the opertunity to eat what and when. Just because you’ve given into temptation doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to enjoy your decision. Otherwise, you’re just pointlessly eating, you’re not getting any enjoyment from it and it’s not getting you any closer to your goal. So enjoy it knowing that everyone has these moments and you know you’re strong enough to come back ten fold. You should never feel guilty about wanting to do what your body is craving. And you shouldn’t feel guilty to ‘giving in’. Them giving in moments should be looked at as for that moment you chose the happiness that comes with indulging but soon enough you’ll find the happiness in seeing your weight go down

Good luck and don’t take it too seriously, and certainly don’t hate yourself!

Thank you for your reply. I've been on my journey for about 3 years now. At my lowest, I was down sixty. Right now I'm down 42 -_- so that comparison is stressful for me. The idea of going backwards is disappointing and especially when I struggle to get back on track. As much as I tell people to not freak out, every time the scale moves in the wrong direction i FREAK OUT. And I've noticed that I've really been struggling with guilt around food. I know that it's not healthy and I'm not quite sure how to change it. I don't feel guilty if I plan to eat it but the moment I go away from the plan the guilt just grows. I'm at 187.6 my goal is 155/160 and I am seriously on the struggle bus right now.
  • KelBlundell
    KelBlundell Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I find maybe every two to three weeks I suddenly fall off, go buy six bakewell tarts or a box of biscuits or whatever and eat the lot
    And what i try and practice when this happens is not be too hard on myself. Accept I did it. And then go back to eating healthy.
    And ok it's taken me 9 months to lose 31 lbs but that's better than not losing anything and I know I'll get there with this sort of tenacity!
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    we all give in and feel sad/bad about our decisions. As long as you are consistent with logging and know why you gave into temptations, then you are doing ok
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I got sick this week, work sucked, got my depo shot so it increased my appetite and now a health issue has been bothering me again. I've been over on calories all this week and haven't been able to exercise either. Planning to get back on it tomorrow but a little upset with myself. Here's to starting over tomorrow and making the best of it!
  • jasminebutler56
    jasminebutler56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job so far I’d say keep going and don’t allow one bad week to allow you to completely back pedal. You are so close to hitting the mark.
  • Averagechick2015
    Averagechick2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yeah one day/week of indulging won’t completely throw you off! Definitely agree with comments made accept you ate something you could of done without and move on!! Why not do it once a week like on a weekend share some sweets with the kids or a bottle of wine with a friend! I do and I feel it helps to know I have that naughty night sort of speak and get back on track the next day. Keep going your doing great!
  • krebscabbage
    krebscabbage Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    utahjulia wrote: »
    It's not about what you did before. It's about what you do next.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    In moments like these, if possible, I like to do maybe just 5-10 min of yoga or a warm up and stretch to pause and listen to what's going on with my body & mind. I always feel energized, calmed and ready to take on the next challenge. Feed the positive and it will grow. :)