In vs. out

Options
Question:

Let’s say one day I go over my daily calorie limit by 300 calories. The next day if I work off 300 extra calories & don’t go over my daily limit will that offset my weight loss?

Replies

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You should be fine think big picture.
  • Jrodasff
    Jrodasff Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you are having a tough time trying to stay within your calorie intake, don’t make it harder on yourself by removing 300 calories to try and make up. 300 cals over by one day isn’t going to make or break you in the long run. It’s better to move on to the next day and stay within your intake, then to have your diet be miserable and be hungry.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I want to add to my previous reply:

I've been using MFP successfully for 2+ years. I have not been under/at my limit every single day. I haven't even tried. It would be absurd for me to succeed in such an undertaking. I'm far from a perfect human being and I don't beat myself when I fail to behave like one.

So...

If you have to lose more than a couple of pounds then you'll need to stick to this for many months or years. So make it possible for this to happen. Some days you'll be over. Some day's you'll be over by a lot! Sometimes you'll be over for a week while on holiday. It doesn't matter. What matters is that the overall trend is downwards, i.e. you have more days at your limit rather than over. And you keep logging whatever happens. However much you are over. (well that doesn't mean that you have to give up completely if you skip some days!)
    Don't try to make up for the days you go over. You would be only setting yourself back.
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Or split the overage between two days so you don’t get too hungry.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I do this frequently!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I push food into the next day sometimes. In other words, if I have eaten all my calories for today and I really want that last snack, I prelog it as a snack for tomorrow. Sometimes I end up doing it again the next day, but I even it out within a couple of days.
  • unfair_mom
    unfair_mom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I push food into the next day sometimes. In other words, if I have eaten all my calories for today and I really want that last snack, I prelog it as a snack for tomorrow. Sometimes I end up doing it again the next day, but I even it out within a couple of days.

Me too. I have been wondering how many others do this.