Trigger Food

Options
2»

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I was going to mention freezing, too. For things that are special, it lets you save without having to eat it all before going bad. And you almost have to plan it to allow it to thaw. Prevents impulse binging. Some chocolate freezes better than others, though. It can impact texture.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My trigger foods are salty snacks like chips, fries, crackers. Once I start eating those foods I can't stop eating them. I am a food addict when it comes to those foods.

I have made the decision long ago to not have my trigger foods around. Those trigger foods don't have much nutrition to them anyway, just fats and carbs.

Some days I crave those triggering foods, but I switch to something tasty yet healthier instead.

I have noticed that my cravings have greatly decreased since I figured out how to work with the program to be healthier. My weight is steadily decreasing, I am getting healthier.

• Ziggy2875
    Ziggy2875 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So just a small update. I kept my favorite truffles for Easter and gave the rest to a coworker who has a granddaughter with peanut/nut allergies like I do to enjoy. Thanks for the support and tips when I needed them.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've observed myself binging on the most ordinary stuff. What I try to do to avoid that is to just stay busy doing something. Work, exercise, something. If I get bored and have have nothing else to do, it becomes highly likely that I will eat all of whatever is handy.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've observed myself binging on the most ordinary stuff. What I try to do to avoid that is to just stay busy doing something. Work, exercise, something. If I get bored and have have nothing else to do, it becomes highly likely that I will eat all of whatever is handy.

Good advice! My swimming does seem to help me to avoid binges also.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Birder165 wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    Don't really have a specific food, but carbs+ fat plus my emotional state can have me logging 3,000-4,000 calories most days.

Thanks for posting this. Sometimes it's easy to think I'm the only one doing this and it feels pretty isolating. Usually, I can keep it to 2 days tops but these past 4 days have been all out eating fests. I've undone about a month of weight loss.

You're far from the only one doing this. It happens. It sucks. We have to move on regardless.