New...Again

Options
OCD78
OCD78 Posts: 3 Member
Hello all,

It's been a 6+ year hiatus from the site, and I'm just now discovering the app, but I've made a plan with my wife to get back into shape. I spent most of my adult life in the military, so I thought I could get away with eating horribly without it affecting me much...and for years that actually held true. After I retired, my diet never changed despite being older and less active. I made one excuse after another why not to eat healthy or why I didn't want to exercise. At 5'10" my normal weight was around 190 lbs while in the service. It only took a few years to pack on an additional 60+ pounds. I finally got fed up with how I looked and felt, so we decided to change our eating habits and be more active.

My short term goal is to lose weight for a cross country road trip this summer. Since it will on a motorcycle, it's easier to shave the weight off of us rather than our gear. The long term goal is to lose around 50-70 pounds and keep to it off. I enjoy weight training far more than cardio, but I'm slowly getting past my aversion to running (mostly due to running against my will for years).

We've changed our eating habits and eliminated all of the junk food and sodas. I've split my food into around 7 meals a day and lowered my daily calories to around 2000. I haven't been hungry or had any cravings despite being on track for my macros and overall calorie goals. While my diet isn't exactly diverse, I have no problems eating the same things every day...but mainly because it makes it much easier on me to log and cook!

Approaching the 3 month mark, I'm down 21 pounds and I feel better than I have in years. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner!

Thanks for listening!
Chris

Replies

• chilgryl
    chilgryl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Chris, Congrats on your new 'you'. It sounds like you have really good determination. Long story short, just now we have settled and back to try again. This is day one for me.(and dr actually suggested this site)so i have 1st day jitters trying to figure out how to start. But i will and your note gives encouragement. Kudos and enjoy the ride. :)