Fitbit and logging

Options
Hey, I recently bought a Fitbit (I’m obsessed with it) I normally log my exercise (treadmill etc) but do I not do this now because the Fitbit syncs my calories burned I presume that accounts for my workouts too!

Replies

• mirandafinch
    mirandafinch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think Ive actually answered my own question!!
  • skimninja
    skimninja Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How long have you had the fitbit and do you think it's worth it?? I've been considering one for a long time but never spend money on myself lol.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yes OP you have answered your own question :smiley: unless your workout is non step related, ie. swimming, cycling or weight lifting e.g then you would need to log that exercise on Fitbit which will sync to MFP.
  • Sassafras106
    Sassafras106 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Actually if you’re wearing the watch I think it should still record your calories burned for those exercises
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Actually if you’re wearing the watch I think it should still record your calories burned for those exercises

It records that you’re moving, but telling it what kind of activity it is helps it determine the overall calorie burn from the exercise.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP you did answer your own question but also make sure that you check out the FitBit users group and the FAQ thread in there as there may be other information that would be helpful.

I’ve been using a FitBit with MFP for over 4 years and love it - I lost weight with it and am now In maintenance.
  • Xkmaf2018X
    Xkmaf2018X Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My new Fitbit Charge 2 has just arrived after my Charge HR broke, I can't wait to start using it again - wahoooo.
  • tdellens
    tdellens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why is my Fitbit non showing my steps
  • mirandafinch
    mirandafinch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    skimninja wrote: »
    How long have you had the fitbit and do you think it's worth it?? I've been considering one for a long time but never spend money on myself lol.
    Hiya, yes I def recomend getting one, it really keeps you aware of what your doing, x
  • loe_loe23
    loe_loe23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge 2 and it's synced with MFP but it only takes account for my calories burned based on how many steps. It never syncs my workouts... not sure why.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    loe_loe23 wrote: »
    I have the Fitbit Charge 2 and it's synced with MFP but it only takes account for my calories burned based on how many steps. It never syncs my workouts... not sure why.

Because all MFP sees is the number of steps taken and total calories burned. It can’t tell if you burned those calories from exercise, general activity, or your BMR.
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I dont get calories burned showing on mfp from fit bit charge 2 even though accounts are synced??!