Keto Diet Results

Options
Hi guys! I’ve decided to start doing the keto diet recently and I’m on my second week but I feel like im not losing enough weight. Its hard to scout for keto friendly food out here and I’m stuck eating the same things like eggs, avocados and cheese. I need your advise on how I can lose more weight and eat the right food, especially getting adequate fat intake. Thanks!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    There are no right or wrong foods, losing weight is just about eating less. And still you can't lose faster than your fat deposits allows. 1% of your body weight per week is a maximum healthy rate.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I’ve decided to start doing the keto diet recently and I’m on my second week but I feel like im not losing enough weight. Its hard to scout for keto friendly food out here and I’m stuck eating the same things like eggs, avocados and cheese. I need your advise on how I can lose more weight and eat the right food, especially getting adequate fat intake. Thanks!!

About a pound or two a week is a good rate of loss. If you have a lot to lose, 2-3 lbs is fine. Not many lose more than 2 lbs a week, and if they do it is often not sustainable or the healthiest way to go.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    check out this group: lots of good advice here:

Low Carb Daily Forum

Also:

https://dietdoctor.com

and the reddit keto subgroup

What you weigh on the scale is only ONE measure of progress. How you feel, how your measurements change, and how your clothes fit are maybe more important than the number shown on the scale IMO.

Be patient, it doesn't happen overnight.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    How much is 'not losing enough weight' ? maybe your expectations are too high.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just started the second week? I doubt you're actually in ketosis at all yet... give it time and look for keto support groups and look online for keto recipes and meal ideas.
  • mwillder1
    mwillder1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low-carb for 6 months now, and am down 31lbs. So, it "works," but honestly I've also been counting (and limiting) my caloric intake at the same time, which is ultimately what's caused the loss. LCHF (keto) isn't a magic bullet, but for me I love eating this way and it's very satiating. Getting off sugar, carbs, etc., made me realize how addicted I was to eating that way and has completely removed cravings. Now I have them for bacon, but that's another story...