Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Keto diet

Any tips for the keto diet for starters? Any tips for staying consistent?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    JRyan274 wrote: »
    When you talk about keto to people who are used to eating carbs and sugar all day long, they just don’t understand. Be careful who you talk to about this, some people get very touchy about the fact that you’re replacing carbs with fat. Most people think its flat out crazy.

Yea, right
  • ssunshine1021
    ssunshine1021 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm working on lower-carb and keto diet choices to help on my fitness journey but LOVE sweets, muffins, cookies, etc. How do so many people have success eliminating these choices so easily? Any advice is appreciated!
  • RobertHillcoat
    RobertHillcoat Posts: 3 Member
    I agree 31shines, Have to do some searching and find a reliable go to recipe so you can get your fix any time of the day. I have found that a decaf coffee with a scoop of vanilla powder protein, hot or cold, and put it in my Vitamix machine doe's the job, it's like a hot or cold milk shake.! The machine is costly but dues a grate deal more than just mixes. Has the fat, no calories and worth the protein commitment.
  • bizinfi
    bizinfi Posts: 8 Member
    I'm working on lower-carb and keto diet choices to help on my fitness journey but LOVE sweets, muffins, cookies, etc. How do so many people have success eliminating these choices so easily? Any advice is appreciated!

The soon you start eating proper Keto, the sooner you will not have cravings for sweets and carbs etc. If you start out right away, looking for replacements for things than it is not the same. Sure you can make things similar but do it right for awhile first. See if you crave them still later. Plus making these extra things which is to replace a carb then you often are not getting the nutrients that you would otherwise get from a proper made meal