off to goodwill i go....

Options
elisa123gal
elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member

IT is a happy, yet weird day. i have lost nearly 30 pounds since January 1st. i've been having a hard time throwing away my larger jeans of these past years.... i am now wearing my skinny jeans from about 10 years ago..

So, today, i thought i would put some of my old jeans on ,thinking, they might just still fit. Well..nope they didn't. They were bagging and falling down.

i have that mental disorder, where i know i lost the weight..but i feel i look the same.

So.. i've packed up all my old pants and shorts.. and i'm taking them to goodwill. The new me is here to stay. No fat jeans to fall back on.

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Go on and get ird of the jeans- its a new day and a new you! good job- and remember you earned this by doing the right things- keep your mindset right
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    There's not much that feels better in all this than getting rid of the fat pants.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Great job! I need to get to Goodwill myself. None of my pants fit. I also find cute blazers there, which keep me warm at my office.
  • JudyCoventry3
    JudyCoventry3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Exciting!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 almost a year ago and its taken this long for me to buy new pants. I've gained it back before...
  • RubinaKochar
    RubinaKochar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow. Such a great feeling. Might I say, losing 30 lbs in 2.5 months is IMPRESSIVE! How'd you do it?
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow. Such a great feeling. Might I say, losing 30 lbs in 2.5 months is IMPRESSIVE! How'd you do it?

I agree! That's a lot of weight in a short period . I viewed your Diary and saw nothing logged. What's your secret?
  • redhaired418
    redhaired418 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I always get rid of my old clothing once it gets too big on me. Don't keep it, you don't need it anymore. And there is always someone else who can use it. I've lost 60 lbs. since January 2017 and would like to lose 40 more. If you have more to lose, just buy some staples to get you through. You can always use accessories to make the outfits interesting. Good luck!
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Try lpgging measurements as well as weight it will help your mental image of yourself
  • Catho36
    Catho36 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It’s a new you, it feels great doesn’t it. I did the same today, maybe my last drop off of big clothes. I’ve gone from UK size 24-26 in August 2016 to UK 10-12 (US 6-8) today. I have been buying new clothes as I went and taking my too big clothes to charity so no going back! I don’t want to get any smaller, just tone up, I hope to stay a 10-12 so weird feeling this is my forever wardrobe not temporary whilst losing. No more too big clothes left in my wardrobe!
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    No going back. Nourishment and hydration and moving daily are our commitments to ourselves. Consignment shops have been a godsend so I can look nice on the journey to ONEderland - actually, well into it.
  • Catho36
    Catho36 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Too true. No going back, well done OP! Goodwill great for in between sizes and good to give back when too big, you’ve done great!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!