I keep binging!!!!!!!!!

Options

OK right now I’m in a maintenance and I eat normally 2100 cal a day but it seems that I go over 2000 cal at least one day of that week, I could never be strict on my so-called diet. I’m not trying to diet I’m just trying to live a healthy lifestyle but I always go over at least 2000 calories one day of the week for a month now. I’m trying to stay focused for at least a month but it seems like I can never do that. I guess my question is, is there anyone out there that done this and how is it working for them now? Have you gained a massive amount of weight from the binging overtime? has it affected your metabolism are you able to have the body that you always wanted today even though you binged in the past like crazy? Thanks everybody in advance

Here’s my stats 5’5 128lbs 28years of age
27in waist
36in hips
20in thighs

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    How much fat and protein are you eating?
  • lovelife409
    lovelife409 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @TavistockToad I eat about 102g protein and 68g of fat
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    What are you binging on? Can you incorporate a small regulated amount into your daily diet?
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Are you restricting certain kinds of foods? Do you always tend to binge on the same foods?
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    What triggers your binges? Can you stop doing whateveritis, or distract yourself after you've done it rather than going on to binge?
  • lovelife409
    Options
    @amtyrell I binged in Chinese French fried and one chicken wing, granola pieces, jasmine rice and stewed ground beef as well as ice cream.
  • lovelife409
    Options
    @marissafit06 no I’m not restricting I eat oats with a scoop of whey protein as well as strawberries and bananas for breakfast, yesterday I made a homemade sweet potato gnocchi for lunch the 4oz of lean ground turkey, 6oz sweet potatoes, 70g avocado, 1tbsp light sour cream and 85g Brussels sprouts and I drink a lot of water. I just really had a sweet tooth yesterday.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    @lovelife409, the first sentence of your opening post indicates that you are maintaining at 2100 calories per day, then you say that you seem to go over 2000 calories once per week. Are these really the numbers you want us to work with?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    @marissafit06 no I’m not restricting I eat oats with a scoop of whey protein as well as strawberries and bananas for breakfast, yesterday I made a homemade sweet potato gnocchi for lunch the 4oz of lean ground turkey, 6oz sweet potatoes, 70g avocado, 1tbsp light sour cream and 85g Brussels sprouts and I drink a lot of water. I just really had a sweet tooth yesterday.

Eating your feelings?
  • lovelife409
    Options
    @TavistockToad I believe so I’m a stay at home mom and when daughter stresses me out I tend to overeat
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    @JeromeBarry1 ok I meant I eat 2100 a day to maintain my weight but once s week I’d binge at least 2000 over which totals to 4100 calories one day out of that week...does that make sense?

It makes sense now. It's a very severe binge and the doing of it once each week will pretty much nullify any weight loss progress you might be able to make with substantial calorie deficits the other 6 days of a week.

The description you give of the stuff you eat at home looks good. Are your social events the occasion of your binge?
  • Carry_That_Weight
    Carry_That_Weight Posts: 27 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @JeromeBarry1 I'm pretty sure she means she goes over by 2000 cals once per week.
    edit: oh I took too long to type haha

@lovelife409 2000/6 is around 330 cals extra the other days. Maybe you could cut out 200 cals the other 6 days of the week and throw in an extra walk to make up the rest. How does your weight respond on average (not including the morning after "I gained 2 lbs of water" effect)? Often when we eat a lot all at once more of the energy is wasted, so it's probably an overestimate to say you'd need to reduce 330 cals the rest of the week to stay in maintenance.

I have a kind of "whatever" day every week also. I usually don't go much over, but sometimes I do. The mental stress over it is worse than any of the physical effects, so long as it doesn't become a more regular occurrence. I'd say unless you're not maintaining and feeling good, don't worry about it.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    If you're prone to the binges, but otherwise happy with your diet/lifestyle, then perhaps just cutting back a bit more the other days (when you're feeling more in control) to compensate may be an option.

For me, I seldom binge as long as I plan even "bad" foods into my diet - including fast food, pizza, etc. There are just some things in life not worth giving up!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    @TavistockToad I believe so I’m a stay at home mom and when daughter stresses me out I tend to overeat

Maybe Google some self help stuff, see if you can find some different ways to cope with the stress?
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Can you go to the library or for a walk instead? What about keeping low cal snacks in the house that you can eat, but don't set you back 2000 calories?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Figure out WHY you're binging.

If that's the case, then you've got to work to change your habit/response to that stress. It's far from easy, but that's really what it comes down to. Identify your triggers, then remove the triggers you can remove, and change you response to the ones you can't.

Again, not easy... but is it ever easy?
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    YES! This is me. I was going too long between eating and that was leading to my binges at night. My husband usually works later than I do and I would binge before eating dinner.
    I have started having something every 4-5 hours, and have a small snack before I leave work. Like others have said, it is not easy but you can break this habit.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have to add is that you need to identify the trigger foods and either stop buying those foods or work on your discipline. I used to be addicted to coca cola and chips as a teenager and I quit cold turkey and stopped buying them or else I would be eating and drinking both non stop. Of course, nowadays, I have more discipline than back then, so I know I won't be binging like I did as a teenager. You need to either find tricks that work for you or simply not buy the foods that gives your body a response to eat more.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i would start by keeping a log...what your doing before and after binge so you can see the triggers