How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• jeromeloresco05
    jeromeloresco05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    once a week every Friday morning before my morning coffee.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm also a daily weigher, which I like in general but was really getting me down when it would fluctuate up. I took the advice of people in this thread (and others) to get a weight tracking app. I downloaded Libra and it is really reassuring. I felt like I made no progress this year, but I have lost 5 lb. since January. Woo hoo!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    2-3x per week.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hannah5147 wrote: »
    I usually weigh myself once a week (a Friday morning) however this week i've been weighing myself daily, obviously my weight has fluctuated a lot doing that. I like to keep an eye on the scales as it does help me keep on track.

Just wondering how often everyone ways themselves?

Also i don't measure myself , i know this is highly recommended but i don't think i'll be able to get the tape in the same place every time.

Every single day after I go to the bathroom and before I eat breakfast. After 7 days, I calculate my average weight and I then compare with my previous weeks average to see if I am losing/maintaining or gaining weight. After 3-4 weeks, if I am not happy with the result and I modify my calories, rinse and repeat.
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing in the AM after using the bathroom. I'm in maintenance, and it gives me peace of mind that I'm still on track. Or, if I do notice an upward trend, to reign it back in.
  • UncaToddly
    UncaToddly Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It is the first thing I do at work each day (big guy, nice digital shipping scales), so 5-7 days a week. Short of being naked, which they do not approve of apparently, it is as consistent as I can get as I wear the same uniform everyday and I empty everything from my pockets and such.

I don't sweat it and I just enter what the readout says. Some days I lose, some days I don't, some days I might gain a pound but it all works out.

My wife, on the other hand, only weighs herself at the doctor's office. She feels that is often enough and knows that if she starts paying attention to the scale she will start obsessing with it so she just doesn't do it at home. :)
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Daily. My weight only drops a couple of times a month in big "wooshes" so I don't want to miss them.
  • taylorannfosterf
    taylorannfosterf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I read an article recently that suggested every 3 days. I have been doing that. I dont think it is beneficial to weigh yourself everyday because, for me at least, it will cause more anxiety. The three days seems to be a perfect fit for me because I have something to look forward to every 3 days and work hard during the three days before to hopefully see results!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Daily. It helps me plan which size shirt to wear.