I feel terrible...

Options

Replies

• festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You should definitely reconsider your calorie goal also. I'm 5'9" 190lbs and can lose regularly on 2200 with 3 5k runs a week.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're (1) slowing down your weight loss, and (2) reintroducing a little caffeine. I think you're going to find that the MFP program is much easier to tolerate making these changes.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options
    Good - sounds like you are on the right track OP :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Another vote for caffeine withdrawal. It seems your diet is pretty balanced but might need a bit more protein.

I simply cannot live life without caffeine. I'm down to just one cup of coffee a day. Without it I will get a migraine that will last for days and I just feel awful in general. Not worth it for whatever supposed benefit cutting caffeine is supposed to give you. For some reason I need the coffee. Have tried switching to tea (with caffeine) and it still doesn't cut it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Update, just ate my salad for lunch (too late to change my meals for today, I'm already in work) and I washed it down with a can of Sugar Free Irn Bru (coz I'm Scottish, its what we do, lol) which has about 30mg caffeine per 330ml and I can already say I'm feeling better than before... I don't want to smash my head off the desk any longer! Woop!

That's awesome, glad you're feeling better! Sorry your post got threadjacked, but at least you got the answer first. Good luck!
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What's your current height and weight??
  • Tq43
    Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Sounds like caffeine or sugar withdrawal or both.
    Maybe just cut back to one coffee a day initially and then one every decond day til you ferl you can cut it out altogether. Maybe allow yourself a mini treat everyday...like a mini chocolate bar.
    If you find this too hard and you're an all or nothing person.....then perseverance will do a lot.
    You will start to feel better but I know it took me approx 2-3 weeks to feel completely normal again after cutting out added sugar and caffeine.
    I'm only 5 weeks into it but i definitely have a lot more energy and feel brighter, more alert. So it's definitely worth the hard work.
    This is the hardest bit....you can do it !
This discussion has been closed.