Recs for vegan protein bar? Lunch challenges....

Options
There are SO many out there! I’m obviously trying to find the best choice in terms of protein content vs calories.

I’m sort of experimenting with the bars right now for lunch, before I was having 2 slices of protein bread with peanut butter but I feel the bar is probably a better option.

I’m eating the No Cow bar in Blueberry Cobbler, which unfortunately I’m just not that excited about. It’s very filling but I feel a bit queasy after eating it. I’m not big on lunch as I prefer big breakfast and dinner.

Would love some tips on a bar, or maybe another vegan option for lunch?

Replies

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Clif Builder's bar is the best I've tried. The crunchy peanut butter one.

There's also SimplyProtein bars. Haven't tried them but the reviews are decent.
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks! I’ve heard good things about the Clif builder bars, definitely going to try them!
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Raw Rev GloCreamy Peanut Butter and both the plant based Think Thin bars (chocolate mint & chocolate sea salt almond) are really good.

Lenny & Larry's has protein cookies that are good but are a bit lower in protein compared to a standard protein bar.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Clif Builder's bar is the best I've tried. The crunchy peanut butter one.

There's also SimplyProtein bars. Haven't tried them but the reviews are decent.

Another vote for Clif Builder. The chocolate peanut butter and chocolate hazelnut are both good.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I have tried pretty much every single vegan bar out there in search of a good one and there is nothing that is as good as non vegan ones with the same macros. (most of the good ones have less protein or the calories are way higher) But I have found the best to be ...

-Higher calorie but probar base chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate bliss, and chocolate pb
    -Go macro has some delicious ones
    -Raw rev cookie dough and chocolate brownie (they are like eating peanut butter cookie dough with melted chocolate chips, I dont know how they keep the chocolate chips so soft at room temp lol I just hate how small they are)
    -Clif builder bars (LOVE the chocolate hazelnut)
    -Nugo (I love the chocolate chip, chocolate pb, and my top favorite is sea salt pretzel)
    -Orgain cookie dough
    -Vega chocolate caramel peanut is delicious!
    -Health warrior chia (the goldenberry, honey almond, and chocolate coconut are the best)
    -Santa barbara bars are incredible, but way too expensive to afford regularly.

No cow bars were the worst vegan bars I've ever had. I took one bite and felt nauseous it was so terrible, so I am surprised you like it haha!

I've tried dozens of others though that were just OKAY. These include Julian bakery bars(pegan etc), larabars, BHU fit bars, Rise bars.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Another Clif Builder Bar fan. I only like the vanilla almond, crunchy peanut butter, and cinnamon nut though. The other flavors are good, but I don't really like chocolate based stuff. They are also really inexpensive!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Another Clif Builder Bar fan. I only like the vanilla almond, crunchy peanut butter, and cinnamon nut though. The other flavors are good, but I don't really like chocolate based stuff. They are also really inexpensive!

Clif builders make cinnamon nut?? How have I not found this flavor!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Yep, and it's delicious. I've only been able to find it in a couple Jewel Oscos so far.
  • Gibbygetsfit89
    Gibbygetsfit89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’m allergic to nuts and so far the only bar I’ve found to eat is the Vega Chocolate and Coconut flavored one. I’m not vegan but I’m allergic to dairy and soy so I’ve used a number of vegan proteins over the years and Vega is one of my favorites. I’m not a huge fan of their all in one nutritional shake but I love the mocha flavored Vega Sport. It’s 30 g of protein, minimal fat and carbs and only 150 calories. I highly recommend it. I just put it in a blender bottle with water.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I have tried pretty much every single vegan bar out there in search of a good one and there is nothing that is as good as non vegan ones with the same macros. (most of the good ones have less protein or the calories are way higher) But I have found the best to be ...

-Higher calorie but probar base chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate bliss, and chocolate pb
    -Raw rev cookie dough and chocolate brownie (they are like eating peanut butter cookie dough with melted chocolate chips, I dont know how they keep the chocolate chips so soft at room temp lol I just hate how small they are)
    -Nugo (I love the chocolate chip, chocolate pb, and my top favorite is sea salt pretzel)
    -Orgain cookie dough
    -Health warrior chia (the goldenberry, honey almond, and chocolate coconut are the best)

No cow bars were the worst vegan bars I've ever had. I took one bite and felt nauseous it was so terrible, so I am surprised you like it haha!

I've tried dozens of others though that were just OKAY. These include Julian bakery bars(pegan etc), larabars, BHU fit bars, Rise bars.

Pro Bar Base is pretty good too, and the calorie count is comparable to Builder bars, but they're usually too expensive for me. I can get Builder bars on subscription from Amazon for much less. I do like the Pro Bar Bolt orange chews for long runs.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

Yep, and it's delicious. I've only been able to find it in a couple Jewel Oscos so far.

I love builders and cinnamon nut so thanks for mentioning this flavor. I have never heard of it but just bought a box online LOL.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    apullum wrote: »

-Orgain cookie dough

Pro Bar Base is pretty good too, and the calorie count is comparable to Builder bars, but they're usually too expensive for me. I can get Builder bars on subscription from Amazon for much less. I do like the Pro Bar Bolt orange chews for long runs.

Yes probar base was my top one lol, they are one of my favorites! I miss when target used to carry the smaller ones that were only 210-220 calories. Those were the perfect size.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Clif nut butter filled bars. If you like the texture of Quest bars, D's Naturals No Cow bars are really good.

Nevermind, just read you didn't care for the no cow bar lol
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I’ve been eating the Simply Protein the last week or two (usually as a snack to keep me from chewing my arm off by the time I get home at 3:30-4). Pretty tasty. I mean, it’s not like eating a snickers bar, but they don’t taste bad at all, keep me from eating dinner at 4:00pm (so I’m not starving at bedtime), and helps me hit the protein goal my trainer has set for me right now.