SAHM - Baby Weight

Options
I'm a first time mom to a 6 month old and still have 10lbs of baby weight to lose (plus weight I gained even before pregnancy). So far, I'm just counting calories and making sure I get 10,000 steps each day and that seems to be working.

Anyone else working on losing the baby weight? How are you going about it?

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Not a SAHM but still working on losing. I had two kids in two years. I'm 8 months pp. I have about 15lbs to lose to get back to pre-preg weight and I'd love to tone up.
    I am currently doing a c25k program and counting everything that goes in my mouth. I pre log everything in the morning and make sure I get to work out 3-5 days a week.
    Add me if you'd like. .
  • abfiaschetti
    abfiaschetti Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That's a good idea ... To pre log everything in the morning. And hats off to you for two kids in two years. Sounds like you are taking care of yourself.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I made sure when my son was about your child's age I'd put him in a backpack carrier and take a walk every day. The fresh air was good for me and my son, it got me out of the house, and I felt calmer and more able to take on the challenges of the day. Finally, I was able to get another stay at home mom to join me on these walks and so the social connection with another adult was a big help.
  • CB8504
    CB8504 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    SAHM with baby #1 here too. Mine is 16 Months however, and I’ve still got the baby weight and then some. Breastfeeding made me crazy hungry so I gained and now that we’ve stopped breastfeeding I’m still gaining probably because I haven’t reigned my cravings in since stopping BF. So now I weigh the same as I did on delivery day. I count calories and watch them go up and over my limit. I’ve only recently am trying to resist take out food for a week and hopefully keep that going for a month and so on...
    I tried a C25K app a few months back and lost 10 lbs but got the flu and never picked up exercise again so gained it all back. I hope to get to working out again soon. Yesterday me and LO walked 2.25 Miles! Best of luck to you!
  • miztbaby
    miztbaby Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’m 6 months pp and currently weigh 20lb heavier than I did after coming home from the hospital. So frustrating to know that weight basically fell off after delivering and then I put it all back on with really bad habits. I’m working on it though! I have severe diastasis recti that I’m finally seeing a physical therapist for to hopefully correct! Any of you working on that? I just want to not look pregnant anymore, I can handle loosing weight but I am so tired of my stomach looking 4 months pregnant!
  • abfiaschetti
    Options
    Thank you guys for replying. It's so hard to get back into healthy habits. At least we are all in it together.

DebLaBounty, getting out every day on a walk is great advice. I live in a cold climate so i am counting down to spring. For now, we are walking the mall. Its not fresh air, but it definitely helps.

CB8504, walking 2.25 miles with a LO is awesome. I hope mine can stay patient for a walk like that when its nice out.

And mitzbaby, that sounds tough, but you will get there!! What kinds of exercises do you do in physical therapy? I did crunches for the first time since pre-pregnancy 2 days ago and im severely sore. Haha. At least my abdominal muscles still exist under there.
  • bl3ss3dmfp
    bl3ss3dmfp Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom here ... 4 little ones and I also am a homeschooling mom. My youngest is almost 2 and I still have baby weight plus additional weight to lose.

Feel free to add me.
    I have 51 to lose then I started... Ive lost 7 so far.
  • Brunette_H
    Brunette_H Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mum here, with an almost one year old who I’m still breastfeeding (although not as much as I was previously so I need to stop eating like I am!). I’d like to lose weight before trying for baby 2. Feel free to add me!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom to two boys, 8 and 14 months. I'm still breastfeeding the little one but once his first birthday hit I started counting calories. Nursing as much as he did that first year made me so hungry cutting calories made us both miserable. I'm down 18 but still have a good bit to go. I'm trying to get out to walk and work in the garden if the weather is warm and dry enough for the baby to get out.
  • CB8504
    Options
    So far I’ve been successful and getting out and walking 2 miles with LO at least 3 days a week but my eating is still out of control. A little bit better but still working on it
  • abfiaschetti
    Options
    bl3ss3dmfp wrote: »
    4 little ones and I also am a homeschooling mom.
    You are amazing to do all that. I hope you are taking care of yourself too! We are all in this together.
  • abfiaschetti
    Options
    Brunette_H wrote: »
    I’d like to lose weight before trying for baby 2

Same situation. I am hoping to at least hit my pre pregnancy weight if not less before getting pregnant again.
  • abfiaschetti
    Options
    I'm trying to get out to walk and work in the garden if the weather is warm and dry enough for the baby to get out.

Exactly! It is still pretty cold where i live to take out a baby. We are going to the mall and walking instead. I cant wait until the weather warms up.
  • abfiaschetti
    Options
    CB8504 wrote: »
    So far I’ve been successful and getting out and walking 2 miles with LO at least 3 days a week but my eating is still out of control. A little bit better but still working on it

I know how you feel. To make matters worse, i am visiting family this week who think peanut butter cookies are a health food...because peanut butter. Haha.

What do i do? :-(
  • CB8504
    Options
    CB8504 wrote: »

I know how you feel. To make matters worse, i am visiting family this week who think peanut butter cookies are a health food...because peanut butter. Haha.

What do i do? :-(

Peanut Butter has protein in it, right? Haha idk
  • Averagechick2015
    Averagechick2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mam of 4 here! I work and find it difficult to go to the gym, so I walk a lot and train 4/5 times a week HIIT training as I can get it over with and log my food intake! It’s working for me I’ve got aroind 7/8 lbs left to loose and be at my pre pregnancy weight before my first baby 9 years ago! Feel free to add me too Mams gotta stock together!