C25K Playlist

peanut613
peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
So I'm starting c25k and I need some new music to run to. What songs make your workout playlists? (Or if you don't have one, what songs *would* you put on it?)

Replies

• Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Look for Ministry of Sound - Running Tracks. Excellent for a good session!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    I happen to be partial to Alicia Keys ... Good rhythm for longer running options and they can be adapted for walking or running paces depending on which you are doing at the time.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    I listen to lots of rock, 80's hair, alternative and indie, most with a pretty fast beat and upbeat themes.

Runningintoshape . com has separate playlists for each week, with prompts for running/walking. They are in downloadable mp3 format.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    checkout this site

jog.fm

it is really cool. You can pick your type of music...how fast you want to go etc.
  • Think about songs that really get you moving and add those. This is the time to add in all those "guilty pleasures" that you listen to when no one is around - retro stuff, cheesy pop, etc. Just make sure it's fun and enjoyable for you!
  • Laufitness
    Laufitness Posts: 17 Member
    Safri duo!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    I have a lot of uptempo music from the 80s and 90s put into a playlist on my Nano. There's everything from Duran Duran and Huey Lewis to Smashmouth and Barenaked Ladies. The trick is to use music with a good, steady beat and that you like. I used a C25K podcast that had all techno music and I couldn't stand it.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    DJ Fresh - Louder
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    One of my favorite songs is "Sound of Freedom" Club Mix by Bob Sinclair. It has a great tempo/cadence and just keeps me going. I have it in my playlist twice!
  • DayZee815
    DayZee815 Posts: 10 Member
    Not sure if you're looking for specifics or what not, but here are some songs that get me through the end of a run:

1. Go Hard or Go Home - E40 (old school, but it has a great message)
    2. Stronger - Kanye West
    3. Run the Show - Kat De Luna
    4. All I do is Win - DJ Khaled
    5. Stronger - Britney Spears
    6. Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
    7. Til I Collapse - Eminem or Lose Yourself is good also
    8. My Hero (or close to that title) - Foo Fighters
    9. We Run This - Missy Elliott
    10. Get Right - Jennifer Lopez

I agree with everything everyone else said. Songs that keep you moving is the most important, whatever is on that frequently played iPOD list...I'll think on it some more.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    I am a fan of Pandora, the website and app are free if you don't already have them. I have all of my favorite songs/bands in there already, so that's what I listen to. Pandora and c25k for that matter both have the ability to run in the background. You can have other apps open while using them. So, I open Pandora, hit play, minimize it, open c25k (or 10k in my case), and boom - my music. :D