5 weeks dieting and exercising, no weight lost. HELP!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    renee8865 wrote: »
    I'd like to know what your panels say. Your measurements are almost spot on the same as mine (I'm an inch taller and 5-6 lbs heavier). I'm losing at 1600 (powerlifting 3x per week) if I'm accurate.

My panels?

blood panels(results of the blood tests and other tests)

Oh, duh haha! Yes, I'll share as soon as I get results back. I'm eager to know as well. And good reminder that inflammation can cause water retention. I'm not sure what is going on with my stomach, but I added it to the list of things to check. Today I didn't have gluten, but my stomach is still upset. Tomorrow I'm going to try no dairy. Going to do a little process of elimination to see if I can figure out what it is before I see my doctor.

thing with eliminating things from your diet is to eliminate them one at a time,wait a month and then slowly reintroduce it. a few days may or may not work. this way you are sure if the offending food is causing the issue.then take another food out and try that for awhile and then repeat. I too have stomach issues some days certain things bother me and other days they dont. there for awhile locust bean gum in things caused me stomach issues and caused my throat to swell a bit. now it doesnt bother me.

some people have issues with guar gum, or carrageenan which is a food "filler". check labels and try a different product without those things and see if that makes a difference,Im not saying that is your issue but its worth checking out. I also cannot eat eggs anymore. it used to be just certain brands but now the only way I eat them or can eat them is in macaroni salad or in say baked goods. otherwise I cant eat them,weird I know.

I'm not sure what potential triggers to focus on. I already knew dairy because I'm lactose intolerant, but yogurt hadn't bothered me as much as liquid dairy so I thought it was safe. You don't think it'd work to slowly eliminate things over a couple weeks, wait a couple more weeks, and then introduce them one by one? Because otherwise I'll be testing out foods for a year haha! Today my stomach has been cramping all day, it's faint but obnoxious. It's not close enough to that time of the month and I generally don't cramp then either, so I'm pretty sure it's food related.

period like cramps could be non food related. if you elimanate a food slowly over a couple of weeks and wait a couple more weeks and then introduce them one by one that is a months time.(a couple is 2 so). I am having issues with cramping when its not my time of the month, I have a uterine fibroid and saw a gyno who wants me to get a colonoscopy to rule out bowel issues,besides the issues a fibroid can cause.. im going to be 44 and bowel issues run in my family. They do have non dairy yogurts you could try.

Oh, haha, I know. But I'm kind of hooked on greek yogurt, I don't like the thin consistency of coconut, soy, and almond yogurts. First world problems.

lol yeah I dont like those kinds of yogurts either. maybe take a lactaid pill? that can help with lactose issues
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm much older than you, and much less active, and I have settled into a comfort with very moderate losses of 1-2 pounds a month, though I am hoping for 30 pounds a year in taking off nearly 120 pounds. My only wisdom to pass along is to stop weighing yourself daily; because your weight naturally fluctuates even if you weigh at the same time each day and this only adds to your frustration. My caloric intake is currently set at 1200 calories (but I'm comfortable with going over by as much as 200 calories to keep feelings of deprivation away, and I'm not on nearly so strict a regimen as you. My weight, even though I generally weigh each Sunday morning, fluctuates. If your fitness regimen is new, it may just be water retention while your body adjusts to the change. Perhaps, it's been said before in this many pages of commentary, but, if you are not, don't forget to drink 6-8 8oz glasses of water daily. That makes a great difference in weigh-ins. Your discipline is admirable, in time you and your body will figure this out. Good luck!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    theres nothing wrong with weighing everyday though. I do and use libra which is a weight app. it helps me to know where my weight is and helps keep me accountable as well. I then know if my weight is up its due to water retention or what have you. I ate less yesterday than I did the day before and Im up a lb. but I know its water weight.

only when it goes down past the weight I recorded in MFP do I log it. But if weighing everyday gives someone anxiety then sure weigh once a week. but then you wont know when your weight is fluctuation or if the gain is water or not. at least thats how I feel but to each their own.
  • renee8865
    renee8865 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    theres nothing wrong with weighing everyday though. I do and use libra which is a weight app. it helps me to know where my weight is and helps keep me accountable as well. I then know if my weight is up its due to water retention or what have you. I ate less yesterday than I did the day before and Im up a lb. but I know its water weight.

only when it goes down past the weight I recorded in MFP do I log it. But if weighing everyday gives someone anxiety then sure weigh once a week. but then you wont know when your weight is fluctuation or if the gain is water or not. at least thats how I feel but to each their own.

I like weighing every day! So far it hasn’t stressed me out or caused anxiety so I’ll continue doing so. And it helps me stay in check.