What's Your Chosen Eating Lifestyle?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I usually use the ketogenic diet (under 20-50g) but sometimes move into LCHF (under100-150g). I find it to be the easiest and most effective way to control my cravings, appetite, weight, blood glucose, and other health issues. I have eaten low carb for going on 3 years.

I would often apply the labels primal, IF, and clean (Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet) to my diet. My foods seem to mainly encompass foods from those woes, and if I stay keto I naturally tend towards some IF.

I would also label myself gluten-free (celiac).
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm not sure how to answer this. I'm vegan, but I don't consider that as something i'd associate with my way of eating all that strongly. I'd just say portion control with fairly balanced macros (default mfp). I also practice leangains if as I do feel it helps my appetite, especially as my calories get pretty low as I near normal bmi levels with sedentary activity.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't want to use the term diet because people tend to associate that with a way you eat just to lose weight. If that's your purpose, cool, but I just mean how do you choose to eat?

Vegan, Keto, Paleo, Standard American Diet, portion control, etc? For me, I am currently following Keto.

I prefer having no set of rules diet except for hitting my calories intake and making sure to hit my minimum protein intake. I don't need to restrict anything (except my calories if I have to for weight loss purposes or not have too much large of a caloric surplus when I am bulking like right now). I would rather have a large variety of foods instead of restricting certain foods.
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Hubby and I eat the see food diet in moderation. We see food, we usually eat that food. We just eat in portions to fit our goals.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    It gets a bad rap but I use Nutrisystem for breakfast, lunch, snack and protein shake because it fits into my life better than anything else, then measure and log my dinner and any other snacks I may want. I've tried low carb, Fuhrman, vegan, vegetarian, etc., diet and failed them because I didn't like the food.

I love @newheavensearth answer:
    Flexitarian with a little foodie mixed in. . . .if the butternut squash mac and cheese, shrimp and grits, or chocolate cheesecake is calling me then I'm there with my food scale.

That's a really good description of my diet!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Since I am marathon training, I just try to make sure I eat more veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean meats than anything else and stay within my calories. I’ll have an occasional treat (I had pizza for dinner last night), but I try to do that only a couple of times per week.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Switched from vegetarian to Whole Food Plant Based the beginning of the year. Sounds restrictive, but it’s actually been quite liberating and I feel awesome.
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Tracking. I don't eliminate anything. I focus on portions and tracking.
  • lamariana2
    lamariana2 Posts: 12 Member
    nutriton dense foods. I try to eat things that have a lot to offer, in the nutrition department. lots of veggies, legumes, nuts and seeds, fruit, low fat dairy, eggs, fish and whole grains. nothing is excluded, but i try to fill up on very nutritious foods, and things like chips, sweets and soda have lost their appeal to me. I naturally eat about 1200 calories, i track, but dont choose foods based on calorie count, only on their nutrition value, so some days i do eat a little under 1200, and some days over that. Weight loss is my thing.. but i lost and re- gained on most diets i tried, i just wanted something that i could do today, tomorrow and always, and this i can do. i feel good.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2018
    Another calorie counter here :smile: and eat all foods.
  • PRINCESSROJA
    PRINCESSROJA Posts: 13 Member
    It's so encouraging to see other people who aren't following strict food plans and restricting everything under the sun! I thought I was one of the few! Anyways, I try to eat enough fruits and veggies and not too many foods that I know aren't nutritionally dense and call it a day. My Achilles heel is dessert though... always has been and probably always will be!
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's so encouraging to see other people who aren't following strict food plans and restricting everything under the sun! I thought I was one of the few! Anyways, I try to eat enough fruits and veggies and not too many foods that I know aren't nutritionally dense and call it a day. My Achilles heel is dessert though... always has been and probably always will be!

There's no point either unless you have health issues, you actually enjoy restricting a certain food or macro or if you have poor discipline.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    I'm calorie counting with clean eats/paleo-ish. I do make allowances for treats that feel worth it!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    I am CICO with periods of intermittent fasting. I eat anything with an appropriate balance but meats are more of a garnish than a centerpiece.
  • nancypants1
    nancypants1 Posts: 7 Member
    I just started Keto this Tuesday. I have not cheated. Keeping carbs below 20. I have lost 4. Water loss. But it's a start.

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    I follow flexible approach. 80% whole foods, 20% WTH I want, as long as I stay inside my macro profile. I have also been doing some 14/10 time restricted windows. High pro, moderate carb, lower fat. just feeling things out. Much respect to all the plant based and vegans, but I was raised with a very carnivore like family. That has stuck!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Old fashioned balanced diet...no super exciting marketing name.

Love this answer. Everything in life seems to have a complicated label nowadays!!