Advice really guys

Options
Just after a bit of advice really guys.. so been bulking for quite a while been quite successful with it putting stone and a half on..
Now obviously collected some fat in the lower belly section. Have no idea how to or where to start on Marcos... On my bulk was on 35% carb 30% pro and 35% fat was eating around 4000 to 4500 a day on good foods no crap.
I'm around 5ft 7" 10 stone 11 I'm not looking for a six pack just want to lose some fat.. I'm guessing I drop the crabs a bit (sugar) up the fat and protein??

Replies

• Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »
    Just after a bit of advice really guys.. so been bulking for quite a while been quite successful with it putting stone and a half on..
    Now obviously collected some fat in the lower belly section. Have no idea how to or where to start on Marcos... On my bulk was on 35% carb 30% pro and 35% fat was eating around 4000 to 4500 a day on good foods no crap.
    I'm around 5ft 7" 10 stone 11 I'm not looking for a six pack just want to lose some fat.. I'm guessing I drop the crabs a bit (sugar) up the fat and protein??

Good foods??? Bad Foods??? That doesn't do anything when it comes to fat, you get fat from being in a caloric surplus regardless where the food comes from. To lose fat, you're going to need to be in a caloric deficit, that's it. If you want to eat a 100% healthy diet, so be it, but you don't win a prize for that when it comes to body composition.

Ahh ok cool beans cheers
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't work in percentages, but grams of macros. When my goals change, it is generally carbs that change the most (sometimes protein and fat depending on how much "wiggle room" I have with amounts) - protein and fats are important, and getting a minimum amount regardless of goals is important.

(protein is about 0.8g per lb of body weight, fat 0.35-0.45g per lb. Calculate your calorie goal and use the calories remaining after protein and fat are taken in to consideration wherever you like)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Really, you can be in a calorie surplus with veggies only and get fat???? :s

Yes. You'll get fat with a calorie surplus of anything. And you'll lose weight with a calorie deficit of anything as well.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    As livingleanlivingclean said above, go for macro numbers and not percentages. You should focus on getting at least 1g protein per lb of bodyweight, but no more than 1.5g/lb. With fats and carbs, you can adjust them to your preference. Most people find fat more filling than carbs, and that is likely where you get it from that you need to add fat instead of carbs. Do what works best for you!

The important thing is to be in a deficit, meaning you need to eat fewer calories than you expend. If you are still gaining on you 4-5K calories I would drop about 500 calories and see what happens over two weeks. If you keep gaining, drop some more, if you maintain drop around 200 more and if you are loosing too much add some back. You can aim for 0.5-1 lb per week, so if you are losing within that range there's no need to adjust :)
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options

You can, but unless you have a very slow metabolism good luck on getting that many calories from veggies! For a person with a 1800calorie maintanance that would mean you have to eat roughly 5.5kg of carrots or 8.5kg broccoli
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    andreaen wrote: »

You can, but unless you have a very slow metabolism good luck on getting that many calories from veggies! For a person with a 1800calorie maintanance that would mean you have to eat roughly 5.5kg of carrots or 8.5kg broccoli

If you eat avocado, it can go high and if you add olive oil to your veggies, that's high caloric. Of course it is tough to go over just with veggies and nothing but veggies, but it's possible.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    No need to drop carbs and sugar specifically, just lower your calories so you're in a modest caloric deficit.

Good advices.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Personally I just set protein and fat
    And adjust carbs up to bulk or down to cut
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Personally I just set protein and fat
    And adjust carbs up to bulk or down to cut