Lost 10lbs in a month, stuffing my face

Options
I can't believe how much food I have to eat in order to keep a healthy deficit. I do a 600 calorie deficit which puts me at about 1750 a day. Even just walking around, my Fitbit records my calories burned and I can't believe how much I have to eat to maintain the right deficit. It's like 2600 calories a day. It's hard! Does anyone else have this problem?
No wonder I couldn't lose weight before, I wasn't eating enough. I lost 10lbs in a month by eating more food. Blows my mind that it works that way.
I am literally running out of ideas of what the hell to eat.
Maybe share some calorie and nutrient dense foods you use to up your count without feeling full as hell?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Oh my god. i'm stuffing my face right now knowing I'm not losing weight and this just made me laugh so hard.

Me too. A beer in one hand and popcorn in the other. I kid you not.
  • kayysmalls
    kayysmalls Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

This is the best gif ever - I spat out my drink hahahaha
  • kayysmalls
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Oh my god. i'm stuffing my face right now knowing I'm not losing weight and this just made me laugh so hard.

I'm eating super clean. Stuffing my face on salads is definitely different than stuffing it on pizza.
    I've been eating sunbasket dinners and making killer salads and intermittent fasting only eating for only 8hrs of the day.
    Maybe the lifestyle change was just really that good for me haha. I miss chicken wings and beer so much right now!! But I feel good!
    I think the fast weight loss has to do with how big I am too. Or maybe even water weight to some extent.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    kayysmalls wrote: »

I'm eating super clean. Stuffing my face on salads is definitely different than stuffing it on pizza.
    Maybe the lifestyle change was just really that good for me haha. I miss chicken wings and beer so much right now!! But I feel good!
    I think the fast weight loss has to do with how big I am too. Or maybe even water weight to some extent.

I just stuffed my face on salad too. But a super high cal one. As long as you feel good and you're losing at an appropriate rate, do your thing.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    giphy.gif

Me too. A beer in one hand and popcorn in the other. I kid you not.

I had wine, beer, a fatty/cheesy salad, pop chips and now halo top. And a chorizo/avocado omelette with toast and potatoes for lunch and two protein bars and a serving of chocolate spread. #faturday.

LOL. I started my day with chorizo, eggs, cheese, biscuits, and potatoes. #stuffed
  • kayysmalls
    Options
    No. If you're in a deficit you will always lose weight. Starvation mode is not a thing in that sense. If you've increased your activity level to a point where you feel that you can eat lot and keep deficit, that's awesome. I'm in a healthy weight range and have not been able to do that.

Yeah I came to a point where I said to myself "Ok, well if you wanna eat a lot, you have to work out a lot". I mean... It's working! Hahaha!

I was eating a very low amount before, about 1200. It wasn't enough. I probably feel like I'm eating a lot now because I was eating so little before.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    No. If you're in a deficit you will always lose weight. Starvation mode is not a thing in that sense. If you've increased your activity level to a point where you feel that you can eat lot and keep deficit, that's awesome. I'm in a healthy weight range and have not been able to do that.

Yeah I came to a point where I said to myself "Ok, well if you wanna eat a lot, you have to work out a lot". I mean... It's working! Hahaha!

I was eating a very low amount before, about 1200. It wasn't enough. I probably feel like I'm eating a lot now because I was eating so little before.

When you eat more, it gives you more energy. You need to fuel your workouts.
  • kayysmalls
    Options

Exactly. I wasn't eating enough to fuel my body before and now that I am, I'm able to lose weight.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options

Exactly. I wasn't eating enough to fuel my body before and now that I am, I'm able to lose weight.

Not quite right but you are on the right path. you got this :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Eat more to lose more? I wish that were true. You're probably losing weight because you're moving more, watching/tracking what you eat, being more self-conscious, etc. There's no perfect number deficit that lets you lose weight. Eating at a greater deficit will not prevent you from losing, either. The bigger the deficit, the bigger the weight loss. That's how it works every time. Eat more than you burn, you gain weight. Eat less than your body burns, you lose weight. I would say you're burning a good amount of calories from working out, which allows you to eat more and still lose weight. That's a good thing! Just make sure you update your weight so your calories can be readjusted as you lose. Good luck!

Nuts/seeds are a good snack that are high in calories and don't really fill you up. I could eat like 1000 calories in salted sunflower seeds without getting full..

It certainly can be true. Thinking otherwise is ignoring significant variables and only thinking of things in a linear fashion (deficit size vs EE). There are plenty of factors that are modified when a person provides their body with adequate energy. Often when people go from very low calorie diets to a moderate or higher calorie diet, they will see an increase your EE, from a combination of increase TEF, increase NEAT and often increase TEA. It's why I lost more on 2300 calories than I did on 1800 calories. It's why if you look at the refeed thread, you will see examples of people eating 1000 calories more and still losing weight.

Also, when people go on an aggressive deficit, you can increase cortisol levels which can also increase water retention. And IIRC from Lyle Mcdonald, women can store up to 20 lbs of water weight from stress (which a deficit is stress). This doesn't take into consideration adaptive thermogenesis or any other down regulation in metabolic functions from being in a deficit and being leaner.