When you're cheating, what are you eating?

Options
124»

Replies

• emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Frozen custard. The good kind that you get at an actual custard shop. With hot fudge and cookie dough and maybe some reese's if it's been a particularly difficult week!
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Cookies! Give me alllll the coookies!!!
  • konpeitopill
    konpeitopill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't log cakes that I receive in celebration of an event (family, co-workers, my birthday). I typically eat only one slice aside from when it's my birthday-- I get a cake all to my self :). If I buy a cake for no occasion whatsoever, I log it.

Sometimes I choose to not log chips either... even if it's a family sized bag that I ate all by myself. I'm currently in maintenance and haven't gained weight from it so I guess my maintenance calories are higher than I think they are ahaha
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Tacos, of course.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Chinese. Pasta. Chips. I try hard to keep these things out of the house, but sometimes I cave and buy my craving... I have horrible willpower. :(
  • iWishMyNameWasRebel
    iWishMyNameWasRebel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It can be anything that I eat when I'm not really hungry but just WANT SOMETHING DECADENT (drooling noises). A bunch of peanut butter and medjool dates. White bread slathered in butter. Popcorn slathered in butter. White pizza. Way too many granola bars. But most of all...CAKE. Good cake, not the crappy dry junk. Good, moist, rich cake with rich luxurious frosting. I'll 'bout sell my soul for it. <3
  • katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Beer, really good craft beers. Usually an IPA, but have been known to switch it up depending on the season.

Oh me too. On the craft beers. I even get a beer of the month club that sends me 4 varieties from all over the world. And I live in Oregon which is huge on microbrew. I won't mention that I brew my own too. :-/ I'm a fan of porters.
  • katphi1618
    Options
    I don't cheat. My "diet" includes indulgences and "life happens" moments.

A professor I had a couple semesters ago introduced me to her 80/20 plan. 80% of her calories are healthy. That way she's less likely to overindulge.
  • katphi1618
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I don't "cheat" I flexible diet. I tend to follow the 80/20 suggestion. 80% minimally processed food, 20% what i want.

I had a health professor that does the 80/20. Sound way to avoid burnout it seems.
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Whatever I want. I have an occasional donut or some flaming hot Cheetos (yum!) or a brownie. I just keep track of what I eat and if I go over calories I tighten it back up the next day or so. There are some things that are hard to estimate. How many calories are in a spicy jerk chicken dinner at Atlantis? No clue. No scale in the room either so I called it a break. Waking 7 miles that day helped keep the weight off. I came back a little under what I weighted when I left for vacation. I don’t want to get too wrapped up and stressed over weight loss. Slow and steady wins the race. It’s more of a marathon anyway, not a sprint.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I try to fit most treats into my calorie allowance, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Last weekend I was planning on a maintenance day, since we were going to a movie and I knew I'd be having popcorn. I pre-logged it, but ended up eating twice as much as I'd planned--a whole bucket, butter and all! Then of course, I still felt like I needed "real food" when we got home, so I was over by about 1600 cal that day! I figure it set me back about 4 days.

We only go to the movies a couple times per year, so it was worth it to me!! Movie theater popcorn with butter--ftw!!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    Wine. It has to be wine. It's like "oh hey I can fit two glasses in my carb limit today" and then fast forward to "oops, there goes the bottle, wonder if MFP really has to know about that".
    Other than that, I would cheat with bread and pasta.

I'm with you on the wine! Funny how that happens!! Then I feel like I need to eat something...
  • monicapiazza
    monicapiazza Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sushi!
  • abbyfitzpatrick9745
    Options
    Pizza or a meal and drinks out at a restaurant
  • eliavramov91
    eliavramov91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of watermelon, yes I know it's only a carb but if you add to this some 24%white Bulgarian cheese it's make the dish fantastic and very tasty