*kitten*

Options
Hi My name is Jay. I am a woman who has two children that are 19 and 22. I am relearning what life is like when you are not taking care of children. I drink too much but not enough to really wreck my life :) but it is the one thing that concerns me. I am single and I use that as my excuse ---loneliness is sure buffered when you have a few drinks at night .
I work with the stock market and also have a licence to grow medical marijuana so I consider that a part time job. I also look after several properties and have two dogs that really are a ball and chain that I love! That is me.
I have been thin all my life by huge effort and after a very painful love affair in my 40's I just sort of chilled out in the "watch what I eat" department thinking I would just level out a few pounds heavier that I like being but what has happened as I just kept getting heavier.
So I started tracking my food and that is the best thing I have ever done. Sometimes I feel lame when I need to measure then I remember "I need to measure my food" because I don't know how to eat properly :(
So measuring my food---that little extra piece of work --has turned out to be a very awesome tool!!!! It has really helped me learn about myself. I am a sneaker and a fudger. I feel like I eat very little but when I measure I realize that I eat WAY MORE THAN I THOUGHT!!!! It is always so good and freeing when you catch your own self trying to fool your own self :):smiley:
I have lost some good weight and also decided to be heavier in my end goal than I used to think I should be. I used to think I only looked good really skinny . Now I think I look good about five pounds heavier than skinny and that is progress for me :)
Nice to be part of a group of people who measure :)

Replies

• Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I agree with the weighing - one of the best things I have done wrt eating. I think prior to that I was eating 3 serves of pasta instead of one! Well done on the weight loss - I think one thing that sometimes gets forgotten is how beneficial it is to our health - even for people without much to lose - losing 10lb or so can really make you feel so much healthier :)
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Nice introduction! You do a lot! I believe the best tool for me getting serious about being honest with my food intake was the scale. It’s quite humbling when you actually see what a serving size is versus what YOU think a serving size is
  • jascinthe64
    jascinthe64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My next thing is to maybe count bites or something so I know that for example fifteen normal bites of pasta is one cup. Just so I am really aware of how much I am eating without having to weigh for ever!!
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My next thing is to maybe count bites or something so I know that for example fifteen normal bites of pasta is one cup. Just so I am really aware of how much I am eating without having to weigh for ever!!

Haha, that's awesome..... I think in time you will start to have a pretty good idea visually what your food is give or take a little. You can weight from time to time to keep things in check.
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Eventually you will get a bit of an eye for it. The way I've changed my eating over time is learning how much protein, carbs, and fats work best for my body type. I've been doing this for a little over five weeks now and it's made such a difference in how I feel. I don't have insulin crashes during the day that cause me to become tired.
  • Shredder583
    Shredder583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi Jay, well it sounds like u have a plan and that means you want to change. If your conscious of what u r eating and u exercise regularly then u will become a healthier person bc your habits will begin to change for the better. Best of luck!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Yeah logging and weighing food is an eye opener. Mfp is a great tool.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Canuck here to lend my support if you would like