Need Help!

Options
CurtGann
CurtGann Posts: 1 Member
Hello, I've been on and off of the Renaissance Periodization template for some time now due to either not fitting all the foods in or the expense of it. So I need help. I'm 5' 10", 25 years old flexing between 190-195 lbs and would like to get to 180 lbs in 9 weeks. I go to a crossfit gym 3x a week and run 1-2x a week. It has me calculated for 1,880 calories a day but would I bump up for workout days and bump down for non workout days? I work in a warehouse but depending on the day I'm either walking around or sitting a desk.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Luckily, to lose weight, all you have to do is eat less. Sadly, you can't go from 190 to 180 in 9 weeks. Luckily, eating less doesn't have to be so difficult. Sadly, eating normal food and food you enjoy, doesn't have a very fancy name.
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Luckily, to lose weight, all you have to do is eat less. Sadly, you can't go from 190 to 180 in 9 weeks. Luckily, eating less doesn't have to be so difficult. Sadly, eating normal food and food you enjoy, doesn't have a very fancy name.

You can safely go from 190 to 180 in 9 weeks. That's just slightly over a pound a week. It won't be easy, and would require a 500 cal/day deficit, but would be less than 1% of OP's bodyweight/week, making it a safe and reasonable weight loss plan.

I know nothing about the Renaissance Periodization Template, but if you set MFP to lose 1.5 lbs/week and eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories, you should be able to meet your goal. It doesn't matter what foods you eat, only that your CI<CO.