Uhhh...kind of an awkward question for you guys.

Options
So there's really no other way of putting this (this is an adult question. Feel free to stop reading if ya can't handle it ;) but, how would one go about tracking the calories they've burned off during "intimate relations" with their significant other? Let's be honest, that's a good workout! I just don't know exactly how to go about tracking it. ;)

Replies

• DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that one would need an HRM of some kind.
  • sarahlong09
    Options
    type it in google and it will bring up a few sites that will calculate it for you depending on weight. or get a heart rate monitor and wear it ... because they are so sexy!!! haha
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    acutally, i asked this a few years back and was told that you dont burn near as much as you would think, they told me never to attempt to track it unless your spending hours "at it" lol
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    You don't. The burn is as significant as you think.

If you MUST - wear a HRM.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i dont count it...its set in my activity level ; )
  • bargmannr
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor??? Lol. I don't know, I guess. Might just have to not count it. Sorry!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    type it in google and it will bring up a few sites that will calculate it for you depending on weight. or get a heart rate monitor and wear it ... because they are so sexy!!! haha

Yeah, not exactly the best way to start off sexy time! "Oh baby, your chest strap is so hot!" Hahaha!
  • tproctor
    tproctor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
  • RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This website will help. It's what I use :)

http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    OMG! I was thinking about this last night and wondering how to go about posting this! *watches thread eagerly*
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I used LoseIt on the Ipod for a while and it only killed like 46-50 calories for half an hour..
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I would only track it if it isn't something you normally do.

Yeah. Admit THAT. :smile:
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    why would u need to track/log it?

your baseline calorie rate is calculated based on daily activities, and "it" should definitely be part of your daily activities.
    if it isn't, work on that as opposed to figuring out how many calories it burns.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's worth bothering to track. Consider it a bonus for your day but I don't think I would try to get more calories to eat based on it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it burns all that much.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options

Hahaha :P
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

DITTO!!! it really isnt much. if you were wearing a HRM, maybe you'd burn 50 calories in 30 minutes. MAYBE .
  • JennysMan
    Options
    I really don't think you should bother tracking it. Just enjoy it! LOL

Also, I know there are other "regular" things in here such as house cleaning and such that technically burn calories, but unless they burn an excessive amount of calories (such as physical labor), I think you should only be tracking the "exercise" that results from you doing something over and above your normal daily routine for the purpose of becoming healthier.