NSV! What's Your NSV?!

Options
VanessaFaith
VanessaFaith Posts: 171 Member
edited March 2018 in Success Stories
NSV... my blood pressure has been high for several months now and I had to start taking blood pressure meds to regulate it. I checked my BP last Sunday afternoon without my BP meds (after losing 39 pounds in 4 weeks) and the right pic is the result! Praise the Lord! I checked it again today after not taking BP meds all week and it was 108/64! Unbelievable! God is so good! b6l6nnlrytyv.jpg

Replies

• VanessaFaith
    Options
    That is so great, and a huge accomplishment! Bravo and I hope you can permanently get off the BP meds. Please be sure to communicate this to your doctor.

As far as me and my NSV, recently I am able to zip up my winter coat that barely fit me AND my rings are so loose now they're rolling under. I need to wait to get them resized so I'll use a device until I've reached my goal, but every time they slip under it makes me remember how tight they were on my fingers before :smiley:

That's awesome! Great job! My rings aren't too loose yet, but I'm looking forward to it!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have nearly finished an entire bottle of vitamins. I am so bad at taking them and my doctor insist that I need them especially the calcium and D. One less thing for her to nag me about lol.
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    I got out of shower the other day and noticed that all my purple tiger stripes have turned white and are almost unnoticeable. I don't know how long it took me to notice that they were gone.

This made me LOL. My tiger stripes are faded out now too!
  • PreciousGems1
    PreciousGems1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Jenn! WTG!
  • VanessaFaith
    Options
    Ran and finished my first marathon yesterday in 3 hours 45 minutes. Just for reference where I came from I included a photo of me before I started weight loss and running and a current pic after the race.
    pqacetqeqo1d.jpeg
    q219cpeux24t.jpeg

That's awesome! I love doing races! I did 2 half marathons back in 2012 ands I'm trying so hard to get back in that condition. I have a 5k coming up in July and a 10k at the air force base in September. Then planning to do a half marathon next Spring. Your post made me feel excited inside! Thank you for sharing your story and pictures!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Ran and finished my first marathon yesterday in 3 hours 45 minutes. Just for reference where I came from I included a photo of me before I started weight loss and running and a current pic after the race.
    pqacetqeqo1d.jpeg
    q219cpeux24t.jpeg

Amazing! Whatever you're doing, keep it up!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Finished my 1st 5k this morning in 35:27. 59 years old.

I'm coming up on 55, so reading things like this helps my morale. Thanks @tammierlewis !
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    pqacetqeqo1d.jpeg
    q219cpeux24t.jpeg

You look a decade younger. Wow
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!