tomorrows mini challenge - 50 bicycle crunches
  • CarmenSox
    CarmenSox Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    All goals met today plus additional 2 miles
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I thought I did the swimmers presses, but failed to watch the video until now and I find that they are done with weights... and here I thought they were things you did in the water! :laugh:

Under Calories? 4 cals over
    Water? 11 glasses
    walked up a LOT of stairs today. twice up the steps to the top of the water slide at the hotel I am in and twice down. My son was going to go on it but got scared. just so ya know, it is four stories high.... so that was about half a mile.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Under Calorie goal : CHECK

Complete Food diary : CHECK

Swimmers Press, Tricep, and Wide leg Squats : CHECK

80 ounces of water : CHECK

1 mile towards my 10 : CHECK

1 EXTRA mile : CHECK

I have 2 miles down out of my 10 leaving only 8 left to go!!! KEEP up the awesome work FTF!!! We can do this!!
  • CarmenSox
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!!! I got 3 extra miles in this AM before the sun was up!!!!! Thats 5 of 10 for me. I will do the rest of my workout this evening.

Hope everybody has a great day!!!!!!! We're halfway through this week!!!!!!!!
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    Week 2, Day 2 - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - 1 EXTRA MILE WALKING (2 of my committed 5 completed)
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!! Happy Hump Day!!

Today's mini Challenge - 50 bicycle crunches

Tomorrows mini Challenge - 25 side lateral raises
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDqklk1ZESo

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
  • ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    Mission Accomplished!

Challenge and Mini Challenge - Check
    Water - Check
    Under Calories - Check
    Logged Food - Check

2 miles done plus extra 1 mile for challenge. Add that to my 2.5 yesterday and I am at 5.5 (or 4.5) for the week. Not sure if we count the extra mile for the challenge.

Everyone have a great day!!
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    We received a new member, OneLoveBud, so I have to wait for a new tracker sheet. As soon as I receive it, I will have a total. I am anxious too! LOL
    Just curious - Do we know how we did point-wise last week and where we stand overall?

And, thank you again! I know that it must be a nightmare keeping all the cats herded and the information gathered. You are doing a great job, Captain and Co-Captain. Way to keep us moving!
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Yes, we are counting all miles for the 100 miles. So, you have 5.5 for the week.
    Mission Accomplished!

Water - Check
    Under Calories - Check
    Logged Food - Check

2 miles done plus extra 1 mile for challenge. Add that to my 2.5 yesterday and I am at 5.5 (or 4.5) for the week. Not sure if we count the extra mile for the challenge.

• msmonique0919
    Options
    PLEASE READ....PLEASE READ.....PLEASE READ

The extra mile walked from yesterday CAN be used toward your 100 mile commitment. Also, you are allowed to swim, jog, run, bike, skate, use the elliptical and basically everything EXCEPT DRIVE your mile and count it! So please resubmit your mile totals with all of the miles that you have done this week so far. Thanks!
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    For the miles, bump me up to 3 completed for the week. I wasn't sure about counting that extra yesterday either. Thanks for clarifying.
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    MSMONIQUE..MY MILES ARE DONE 5 + ANOTHER 1.9 IF YOU WANT TO COUNT THAT...LOVE YA DARLIN'

YOU ARE DOING AN AWESOME JOB AS CAPTAIN AND CO-CAPTAIN GIRLS....
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I've done 5.3 miles so far! Hopefully I will be able to get in another 5-6 miles by the end of Saturday :)
  • CarmenSox
    Options
    I didnt include the extra mile from yesterday either...... With that one included I have completed 6 of my 10 miles. :) will update the rest this evening!
  • MoonChild_69
    MoonChild_69 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A Favorite Recipe:

I know it's an oldie, but it's a goodie. This has been a favorite of my familiy's since it was published 15 years ago! Her Paella is excellent also. P.S. The MFP database already has the nutrition info but it is posted under the recipe.

Title: Rosie's Unfried Chicken
    Categories: Poultry Entree Lowcal
    Yield: 12 Pieces

Lt. veg. oil cooking spray
    6 Chicken drumsticks
    3 Whole chicken breast, 1/2ved
    3 1/2 c Ice Water
    1 c Plain nonfat yogurt
    BREADING
    1 c Dried Italian bread crumbs
    1 c All-purpose flour
    1 tb Old bay seasoning
    1/2 ts Garlic powder
    1/2 ts Creole seasoning
    1/8 ts Freshly ground black pepper
    Dash cayenne pepper
    1/2 ts Dried thyme
    1/2 ts Dried basil
    1/2 ts Dried oregano

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with 3 sprays of the vegetable oil. Put the chicken in a large bowl with the ice water. Put the yogurt into a medium bowl. Set both bowls aside. Toss all the breading ingredients into a large, tightly-sealing plastic bag. Seal and shake well to mix. Remove 2 pieces of chicken from the ice water. Roll each piece in the yogurt. Put the chicken into the plastice bag and reseal and shake to coat thoroughly. Transfer the breaded chicken to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process for all 12 pieces. Spray chicken lightly with the vegatable oil. Place the baking sheet on the bottom shelf of the oven and bake for 1 hour, turning the pieces every 20 minutes to allow even browning. Serve room temp or hot.

*The secret to the sucess of this recipe is to make sure that both the chicken and the yogurt very cold (hence soaking chicken in the water). The prelimanary soaking will help the breading adhere and produce a crisp coating much like that of fried chicken. If you are serving the chicken on a platter rather that on individual dinner plates, it looks smashing on a bed of flowering kale.

Nutrition info: Fat per piece of breast = 2.2 grams, calories = 185. Fat per drumstick = 4.2 grams, calories = 195

From : In the Kitchen with Rosie, Oprah's Favorite Recipes, by Rosie Daley (Oprah Winfrey's Former Chef)
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am going to start on my mile today!! :)

Favorite Recipe: Pasta Salad

Wheat noodles, Low Fat Italian Dressing, Pico Sauce, Pepper Rings, Onions, Shredded Cheese, Ham or Turkey. Cook the noodles, add the rest, there is your pasta salad. Sorry, I don't have the calories or breakdown, but it's a good quick meal!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yes, we are counting all miles for the 100 miles. So, you have 5.5 for the week.
    Mission Accomplished!

Water - Check
    Under Calories - Check
    Logged Food - Check

OK, that is great to know, that means I am at 3 miles for the week this far instead of 2! I am actually thinking of going swimming tonight, so that is awesome to know too! :D
  • tarabear88
    Options
    i didnt do my challenge's yesterday guys.. i'm really sorry and will step up to the plate. no excuses here.. however, i procrastinated and waited till the last minute and decided to spend my time with my family. done for today :) my aplogies are sincere and hopefully accepted.