someone review my fat-loss plan

Options
i am trying to lose about 15 lbs. my goal is to lean out while saving as much muscle as possible.my goal is to eat about 1200-1300 calories, walk 10,000 steps everyday and then do jump roping 15 minutes everyday. i cant excess a gym as of right now so I just walk 10,000 steps and jump rope. I drink about 100 oz of fruit infused water as well.
does this sound like it will get me to my goal?

suggestions and critique is very welcomed

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep to your deficit, you will lose. Bear in mind 15lbs the weight loss will go slow and require you to be super precise, and losses can sometimes be masked by water weight. So lots of patience too. Keep your protein high also to help with the saving muscle.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    What are you stats? With only 15 pounds to lose that calorie intake may be a bit low, especially if you're getting 10,000 steps a day.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a solid plan, but depending on your stats I agree you maybe able to eat more and lose your 15 lbs. Best of luck, you got this.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Post your weight and height so we can check your calories.

You need to do some sort of resistance training if you want to preserve lean mass. And get adequate protein.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    if you REALLY want to do as you say - use a much small deficit (like -250) and split your time between walking and body weight exercises. Planks, push ups, mat pilates videos.
  • altairego21
    altairego21 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    What are you stats? With only 15 pounds to lose that calorie intake may be a bit low, especially if you're getting 10,000 steps a day.
    bbell1985 wrote: »

You need to do some sort of resistance training if you want to preserve lean mass. And get adequate protein.

I am 5'2 and my current weight is about 139.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I am 5'2 and my current weight is about 139.

Okay. Try to shoot for a 250 calorie deficit for you, whatever that may be. You'll be thankful in the long run and your body composition will thank you. I assume you maintain around 1800?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    The slower you lose, the more muscle you're likely to retain. I also would recommend strength training.
  • af240
    af240 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I'm 5'2 current weight 123lb with a goal of 115lb. I eat around 1500 cals a day and have been losing about a .5lb per week (I get 10-15K steps a day, run 30 min 2-3 days a week, and am doing a progressive weightlifting program). You may want to increase your cals a bit if you want to retain as much muscle as possible, especially if you are not able to lift weight. And as others have suggested, make sure you are getting enough protein (around 80g-100g a day I'd suggest) and trying body weight exercises to help with muscle retention as well. Good luck!