A Picture's Worth

Options
KosmosKitten
KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
... they say a thousand words, but I think that sometimes, that saying falls a bit flat. Lately, I've seen some more inspirational/personal photos posted that I think would be interesting to hear the story behind, so I'm starting this thread for that purpose.

Post a photo you or someone you know has taken and tell us the story behind it. I know there are lots of really amazing stories out there and some of us would like to hear them! It can be a picture of anything, a person, a pet, a place, food, landscape, etc. Share as much or as little as you want about it.

One day several years ago, I walked out my front door at the apartments I lived at the time and noticed this little guy watching me and following my shadow. Recognizing the opportunity, I went back inside to nab my camera, came back out and this bugger was actually posing for and watching my camera, lol.

rc7d5lzwcde2.jpg

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Update post..

r8ou5wf5mta0.jpg

This Jewels not even the size of a shoe.

v5ph1qs88b3i.jpg

7epn3otwbeme.jpg

Moma showed up one day and had her litter in our barn. We found homes for all of them!

2ct2jdth8qhq.jpg

And my Taylor bug.. the dog with the sweetest demeanor and so very gentle.. she did everything she could to to fit in the of smallest of places and be comfortable doing it.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    vsvf1z9n8ihi.jpg

I was testing out my camera and I got this pic. Never thought it would show up well.

• xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I previously posted this in another thread. But, took this picture while on an evening bike ride.

168j04y.jpg

Same lake, just a little later in the evening as I rode arond it.

20fddgy.jpg
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if it’s very clear but this cute little bird was peeking in my dining room window and I snapped a picture of it.

gwy9bjoc6ns6.jpeg
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    The spiderling that decided to read my book one morning in 2010. :D

ii718ctm6pdn.jpg
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    I don’t know if it’s very clear but this cute little bird was peeking in my dining room window and I snapped a picture of it.

gwy9bjoc6ns6.jpeg

Peeping Tom. Looks like that little guy was invading your privacy.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    The spiderling that decided to read my book one morning in 2010. :D

ii718ctm6pdn.jpg

OMG that looks cool in a pic but would have scared the crap out me. :smiley:
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    ij0dqsobshus.jpg
    I was eating a habanero pizza at a cheese farm and this nest was in the tree next to the table. The whole way through lunch we got to watch mom and dad feeding these three hungry babies
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    The day my son and I got to pet a deer on Miyajima. These deer just randomly roam around the countryside and in the populated areas of this small island community, like to enter restaurants and steal paper from ladies' purses and eat said paper. They are mostly docile, pretty small and as I mentioned, quite brazen.

xk8921yvtj9c.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Views of the Tokyo Tower in Tokyo around Christmas time and the view from the observation deck.

z64qxqgvytib.jpg
    ijxmtqu6wyfg.jpg
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Progression of our house fire..

The first four pics span about ten minutes.

Sorry you lost your house in a fire. Hopefully you're now on the upswing of recovery, and rebuilding. While house fires can be devastating, there's also some good that comes of it. Just have to find the positive in such a negative event.

This is something I think everyone should see. Modern construction buildings, and furnishings can cause a house to go up in flames in very few minutes. If you're in a remote area, chances are you'll lose your house before it can be put out.

https://youtu.be/LsReYgKpHbE
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    One of my girls was making a snowman, and some other kids came by and left with her sister to go over to their house.

She was like...no problem.

I'll just roll the snow man over there. <3

I love that problem solving!
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    ol61xrcyvah4.jpeg
    My backyard looks like a postcard certain times of the year

Wow that's super! Have you stocked your pond at all?