5lbs in 5 weeks?

I started my weightloss journey almost 5 weeks ago (it'll be exactly 5 weeks this Thursday). I'm 5'3 and I started at 168lbs and my goal is 154lbs. I've been exercising 4 days a week and I eat 1500 calories a day (I eat my exercise calories if I'm hungry as I don't want to feel deprived).
So anyway, I weighed myself this morning and I've only lost 5lbs since I started :-( I'm down to 163lbs) is that too slow or is that okay?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Weightloss is slow, so "too slow" is almost nonsensical. The most important thing is that you're losing weight, and feeling fine, so that you can keep losing weight. Out of interest, what did you set your weekly weightloss goal to?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    what happens if we say its too slow?

1lb a week is a good rate of loss, this isn't the biggest loser.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    1lb a week IS a GOOD rate of weight loss, but YOU need to believe it. You posted almost the exact same question last week; asking if 4lb in 4 weeks was to slow and received some good advice. After thanking everyone, your back again this week, posing the same question. Are you hoping for a different response?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    At your size it’s a perfect rate of loss
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Please rethink.

If you are losing on a sustained downward trend and don’t feel deprived, you are succeeding at this big time. Do not mess with success.

Try to get the idea of “only lost” out of your head. Failure to recognize success when it happens is a big problem in weight loss.

And, as you get nearer to goal don’t be surprised if your losses get even smaller. But right now keep going. It’s working just fine. Change your mind, not your program.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Sounds normal to me. Losing more than 1 lb a week is hard and you would probably have to be quite a bit larger to lose more than that. The bigger you are the more you can lose more quickly...
  • ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    If the weight is coming off and you’re comfortable with your routine then sounds like you are heading in the right direction.
  • quebot
    quebot Posts: 99 Member
    Sounds perfect to me. I am also 5'3 and currently 162. It takes a lot of work and patience for us short girls. 1 lb a week feels like a huge achievement to me!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2018
    With so little to lose , the recommended loss is 0.5 per week,
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    You're doing great!