Over 200 Club: Week 2 (open group)

Options

Replies

• rosered51
    Options
    I am not doing well on the cardio bit. I have only done 60 min since Sat :grumble: I have just not had the energy to do more. i am going to do some cardio today, My mom told me I can get som work out videos on VOD for like .99 so I am going to try one out today.
    What is VOD? Please share, I am always looking for new stuff cheap!:bigsmile:

Also, for those of you who pray, please pray for my hubby, he is getting laid off and we would appreciate prayer for a new job.

Thanks!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    They are super cheap at walmart right around $10 I got a dvd! Low impact, easy on the body, but gets that hr up! Good Luck! Keep It up everyone!!!
    Thanks... :) Once I have some extra money I might try to find them.

Grab some Walk Away The Pounds dvd's its all I did when I started out and after 15lbs I was able to boost up to more....you will do great!
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    I am not doing well on the cardio bit. I have only done 60 min since Sat :grumble: I have just not had the energy to do more. i am going to do some cardio today, My mom told me I can get som work out videos on VOD for like .99 so I am going to try one out today.

Also, for those of you who pray, please pray for my hubby, he is getting laid off and we would appreciate prayer for a new job.

Thanks!

VOD is Video on Demand. I get through my Digital Cable. It's kind of like Pay pre View only btter, you get for 24 hours and you can whatch it as many time as you want whenever you want. you aren't stuck whatching it at a certain time and if you don't get through it the first time you have plenty of time to whatch it later.
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Thanks!
    [/quote]

I will keep you in my prayers. Lay-offs are happening all around us... more where my hubby works this week. It is constantly on our minds. I will pray for him (self-esteem.... it's a hard knock and hard not to take personaly) and for an even better job to come along.
  • Matterafun
    Options

Thanks!

I'll keep you in my prayers. That's a tough situation, but God is faithful!

Regarding VOD, if you have COX digital cable, they have a bunch of exercise programs available in their FreeZone -- from Leslie Sansone's walking workout to yoga to step and more. It's great if you want something different to get you moving -- and, where I live, it's free with digital cable.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    today i did
    76 minutes of cardio so far I may do more this evening!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    90 minutes of Cardio for me today *Thursday* I got mad at the HUGE bag of chocolates in the kitchen so I did 8miles of WATP!!... I didnt eat them I was just pissed they were there...lol:angry:
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you Pegm - Hope your husband finds something great soon.

Thurs - ended up doing 72mins cardio on the exercise bike.
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Hey Everyone! This week has been SO TREMENDOUSLY busy for me... my sister in law is getting induced to have her baby as we speak so I probably wont be on much the rest of the weekend as I am leaving to go out of town tomorrow as well... BUT, I will get on and post the new challenge! No worries there! You are all doing so great! I am aiming for at least 30 minutes of cardio today as I haven't worked out since Monday :-(
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you Pegm - Hope your husband finds something great soon.

Thurs - ended up doing 72mins cardio on the exercise bike.

I tried to quote rosered, but something went terribly wrong and ended up looking like the entire statement was mine. Gotta love technology.

Also... 45 min. of cardio for me. I put in an oldie... low impact Richard!! That helped my shins and knees.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    90 minutes of Cardio for me today *Thursday* I got mad at the HUGE bag of chocolates in the kitchen so I did 8miles of WATP!!... I didnt eat them I was just pissed they were there...lol:angry:

dang, you go girl!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ok, I got in 20 mins of cardio on yesterday (Wednesday) and 85 mins of cardio today (Thursday). You are all doing so well!! Way to go!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

dang, you go girl!

TY I tried something new today I wore my ipod and listened to my own music while following along with the dvd...it was way better than just listening to the dvd's music..and I actually felt like it was a better workout.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Sat- 60min cycle, 120 min running
    sun-120 min hiking
    mon-180min running
    tues-60min run, 60 min brisk walk
    wed-60min run
    thur-60 min run

I'm off fridays. I'll post my weight loss for the week tomorrow.
  • Matterafun
    Options
    I got 42 minutes of cardio today (Thursday). Hopefully the scale will be kind in the morning!
  • PinkableLove
    Options
    hey everyone! I fell behind on posting because of a busy week! So here is my update!

Saturday- 30 mins
    Sunday- 40 mins
    Monday- 30 mins
    Tuesday-30 mins
    Wednesday- I didn't get any done today cause I strained a muscle in my leg... so I took a day off lol.
    Thursday-30 mins
  • laurajane81
    Options
    Heyyy im so happy i lost 5 lb woohoo im in the uk so its friday
  • lucmclaren381
    Options
    Heyyy im so happy i lost 5 lb woohoo im in the uk so its friday

Yay so happy 4 u dude!!!!!:drinker:
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    0 cardio for me on Thursday.