Coffee Is My Weightloss secret key!..

Options
so I have recently started drinking a cup of coffee a day.. a small cup from QT (cause if i had my own pot at home i'd never stop drinking it) I add 2 french vanilla creamers to it.. equaling 50 cals to my coffee and i add 2 packs of splenda to it and it's ..so..GOOD!! anyways i've noticed i became more regular ..like literally i go everyday because of this!

Replies

• Toshberry25M
    Toshberry25M Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's great but not sure the laxitive effects of coffee are a secret, and it won't help you lose fat, just weight from the bowel movements you weren't having before.
    I've always had bowel movement issues so this defiantly has helped me .. i'm also on my period and normally i go up 2-4 pounds during the monthly process but lose it later.. i'm not going up on the scale this time, it's nice for a change,
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Wish it still helped me
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Caffeine Induced Dump (CID) as my family have called it lol. Does indeed help keep regular. The caffeine probably excites the intestines first, allowing them to get to working.

Any stimulant should offer weight loss aid. Caffeine being one of them. So long as the extra activity your body does is more than the calories taken in with the caffeine (soda wont work, sorry) you're golden.

Just please stick to relatively harmless and legal stimulants.
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've heard that green tea is also beneficial for weight loss, but I really can't see how? Yes it's got caffeine and some phytochemicals, but I'm not sure I buy the hype. What do other people here think of it as a weight loss aid?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm coffee
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    KrisJ125 wrote: »
    I've heard that green tea is also beneficial for weight loss, but I really can't see how? Yes it's got caffeine and some phytochemicals, but I'm not sure I buy the hype. What do other people here think of it as a weight loss aid?

For anyone not dulled to caffeine, more caffeine will help in the long run. People hyped up will typically move more, be fidgety, etc. This increases NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogensis). If green tea makes me slightly more hyper and I shake my leg while at my desk... that is extra calories burned. A soda will do this too... but the soda has WAY more calories than I'd ever burn shaking my leg lmao.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    mmmmmmmmm coffee

Haven't seen you around for a bit... How you doin'?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    mmmmmmmmm coffee

Haven't seen you around for a bit... How you doin'?

hi bb :3 iv been here just sort of lazy by time i get home, i stalk :p im great :3
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    In other news, this just in: Earth is the 3rd planet from the sun

Hmmm

There actually may be an unknown planet closer to the sun than Mercury. So this isn't 100% certain. It's probably true but there is room for discussion on the topic.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    In other news, this just in: Earth is the 3rd planet from the sun

Hmmm

There actually may be an unknown planet closer to the sun than Mercury. So this isn't 100% certain. It's probably true but there is room for discussion on the topic.

BRTky.jpg?1321408042
    :wink:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,730 Member
    Options
    Mind ... blown! :confounded:
  • crisma1974
    crisma1974 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    so I have recently started drinking a cup of coffee a day.. a small cup from QT (cause if i had my own pot at home i'd never stop drinking it) I add 2 french vanilla creamers to it.. equaling 50 cals to my coffee and i add 2 packs of splenda to it and it's ..so..GOOD!! anyways i've noticed i became more regular ..like literally i go everyday because of this!

It might be the creamer if it is the liquid one. As much as I love it, I stay away from it because of the "effects". Sorry TMI. LOL.