Walk to Mordor

Options

Replies

• TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I've been MIA everyone, I haven't been feeling too well. You are all doing great! Keep adding those miles! :)

@sarahmsmith78704mfp Welcome to the Fellowship! :smiley: I too would much rather make this journey than being chased by zombies! :wink:

Hopefully you'll soon be feeling well enough to get out there evading wraiths and racking up those miles! Tx
  • TEQWAR
    Options
    6.02 miles today and another milestone topples. Now it's 7.52 miles until Sam and Frodo Escape Orcs.
    I'm more interested in the fact that I've got 86.52 miles until the ring is destroyed and in 14 days it's my natal anniversary. If I average 6.18 miles per day between now and then, I'll destroy the ring on my birthday!
    IT'S MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT, MY PRECIOUS!
  • Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix
    Options
    Thank you @TEQWAR I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday, so hopefully, that trend will continue. :smile:

Congrats on the new milestone! :star: 14 days to completion, huh? What a PRECIOUS birthday present! :wink:
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    TEQWAR wrote: »
    6.02 miles today and another milestone topples. Now it's 7.52 miles until Sam and Frodo Escape Orcs.
    I'm more interested in the fact that I've got 86.52 miles until the ring is destroyed and in 14 days it's my natal anniversary. If I average 6.18 miles per day between now and then, I'll destroy the ring on my birthday!
    IT'S MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT, MY PRECIOUS!

Sounds like a fantastic birthday present to yourself! :)
  • Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    9.48 miles today

13.61 miles to the Ford of Bruinen
  • deason91
    deason91 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There is a good zombie app that I think is similar to this called Zombie Run or RunZombie - something like that.
  • TEQWAR
    Options
    Thank you @TEQWAR I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday, so hopefully, that trend will continue. :smile:

Congrats on the new milestone! :star: 14 days to completion, huh? What a PRECIOUS birthday present! :wink:

The app goes on for a little longer after the destruction of the ring, but what a milestone!
    Got another 6.89 miles today so now .63 miles from escaping those orcs!
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about all the sick folk! Feel better!

I’m still dragging along past Rivendell- 44 miles to “9 days after”
  • TEQWAR
    Options
    fostersu wrote: »

Some of the milestones seem a (3rd) age apart! They're much better when they're 10 miles or so. Still, you'll have that one done soon enough and then on to the next one!
    Options
    Joshearing wrote: »
    9.48 miles today

Great job! :smile:

The app goes on for a little longer after the destruction of the ring, but what a milestone!

You're really doing great! Are you going to walk back to The Shire then after you destroy the ring? Or what are your plans after the ring is destroyed and you complete the little bit after that?

fostersu wrote: »

Some of the distances between milestones are really really long! You'll get there! You're doing great!
    :smiley:

1.97 Miles yesterday

40.47 Miles to Trollshaws
  • TEQWAR
    Options
    Joshearing wrote: »
    9.48 miles today

You're really doing great! Are you going to walk back to The Shire then after you destroy the ring? Or what are your plans after the ring is destroyed and you complete the little bit after that?

1.97 Miles yesterday

40.47 Miles to Trollshaws

I'm thinking of starting again but logging my cycling on it instead of walking.
    One does not simply pedal into Mordor!
  • Eire228
    Options
    4.8 miles yesterday. 6.7 until Captured by Barrow Wight.
  • TEQWAR
    Options
    Eire228 wrote: »

Being grabbed by the wights is no fun, let me tell you! :)

• TEQWAR
    Options
    6.34 miles today, and that's March's exercise over with. 230 miles added in total this month with two days rest and 2 days of under 5 miles with the rest all over 5 miles per day. I'm now 42.92 miles away from The Dreadful Nightfall.
    I put the old LOTR BBC radio play on my headphones for my walk today and the Hobbits had just met up with Strider at the Prancing Pony when I got home. More tomorrow!
  • Eire228
    Options
    Fantastic month, @TEQWAR!

My favorite thing about Saturday morning runs is that I get to eat a second breakfast afterward. B)

7 miles today, and captured by the Barrow Wight! But I escaped and am on my way to Bree. 19.7 miles to go.
  • TEQWAR
    edited March 2018
    Options

My favorite thing about Saturday morning runs is that I get to eat a second breakfast afterward. B)

7 miles today, and captured by the Barrow Wight! But I escaped and am on my way to Bree. 19.7 miles to go.

Nice going! It doesn't pay to hang around the Barrow Wights too long - they spend too much time wearing crushed velvet and lace and listening to the Smiths!... Oh, wait a second, that's Goths, isn't it? Easy mistake to make. Pale, hide in the shadows and like to hang around tombs and graveyards. :smiley:

Here's my totals for this year so far. These are all deliberate walks, I don't log my day to day moving about steps.

d8btz32ozrey.jpg
    Options

I'm thinking of starting again but logging my cycling on it instead of walking.
    One does not simply pedal into Mordor!

Cool! That would be fun. :smiley:

6.34 miles today, and that's March's exercise over with. 230 miles added in total this month with two days rest and 2 days of under 5 miles with the rest all over 5 miles per day. I'm now 42.92 miles away from The Dreadful Nightfall.
    I put the old LOTR BBC radio play on my headphones for my walk today and the Hobbits had just met up with Strider at the Prancing Pony when I got home. More tomorrow!

WOW! That is quite impressive! Way to go!

Hahaha love it! Second breakfast on Saturday. It's like the adult's version of Saturday morning cartoons. :grin:
    Great job!

Nice going! It doesn't pay to hang around the Barrow Wights too long - they spend too much time wearing crushed velvet and lace and listening to the Smiths!... Oh, wait a second, that's Goths, isn't it? Easy mistake to make. Pale, hide in the shadows and like to hang around tombs and graveyards. :smiley:

Here's my totals for this year so far. These are all deliberate walks, I don't log my day to day moving about steps.

d8btz32ozrey.jpg

Wow! That's quite impressive! Great job!
    Options
    1.38 Miles yesterday

39.09 Miles to Trollshaws
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options

I LOVE that radio play——used to have it on cassette (yes, I am ancient). Is it available digitally?

• TEQWAR
    edited April 2018
    Options

I LOVE that radio play——used to have it on cassette (yes, I am ancient). Is it available digitally?

There was a cd release - it's where I ripped mine from - it doesn't appear to be available from the usual sources as MP3 - the cds are available on Amazon. LOTR On Amazon
    there's also someone who's put it on Soundcloud. LOTR on Soundcloud

Another 8.26 miles today. 34.66 miles until The Dreadful Nightfall
    In the Radioplay, Gandalf just fell into Darkness in Khazad-dûm.