Goals for a 23 yr old

Options
Hey I’m currently 244 but i wanna get out of the 200s then from there i wanna be atleast 165. I know it’s gonna be hard but i know it’s gonna be worth It in the end. Accountability buddies would be great. Just for added motivation to help to achieve our goals. Let’s be friends ☺️ !

Replies

• chenie1994
    chenie1994 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    dommw12 wrote: »
    Hey I’m currently 244 but i wanna get out of the 200s then from there i wanna be atleast 165. I know it’s gonna be hard but i know it’s gonna be worth It in the end. Accountability buddies would be great. Just for added motivation to help to achieve our goals. Let’s be friends ☺️ !
    Hey we're the same age..well i turned 24 last month. Let's motivate each other and good luck.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Well I know the one thing that always keeps me on track is to log EVERYTHING good or bad. Do you have a food scale? If not get one and weigh everything. You would be surprised at the difference between something like
    1/2 cup VS 40 grams (oatmeal). 1/2 cup comes out to about 50 grams.

The other thing is people always say I am XXXlbs but never say how tall they are :p I am 5'10" 215CW and was as high as 235lbs. Trying to get myself down to 180lbs and 170lbs would be awesome as last time I weighed 170lbs I was a teenager. bwhahahahahahahaha
  • dommw12
    dommw12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Well I know the one thing that always keeps me on track is to log EVERYTHING good or bad. Do you have a food scale? If not get one and weigh everything. You would be surprised at the difference between something like
    1/2 cup VS 40 grams (oatmeal). 1/2 cup comes out to about 50 grams.

The other thing is people always say I am XXXlbs but never say how tall they are :p I am 5'10" 215CW and was as high as 235lbs. Trying to get myself down to 180lbs and 170lbs would be awesome as last time I weighed 170lbs I was a teenager. bwhahahahahahahaha

Ohhh got you and I’m 5’7” lol. Maybe I’ll invest in a food scale lol
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I've seen this phrase used alot:

'Being fat is hard, losing weight is hard - choose your hard'

Commit to logging every single thing you eat accurately, and yes, get that food scale, you'll be amazed at portion sizes/calories. Be consistent and eating to the calorie allowance MFP has given you and you will get results. It takes time, so have patience because it's totally worth it - and that comes from me who is a 5 year maintainer :smiley: - If I can lose weight and keep it off for good, then anyone can.

All the best,
    Ruth <3