Seasoning Chicken

Options
2»

Replies

• sandralang12327
    sandralang12327 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I dice a chicken breast. Fry it in butter. And then add franks hot sauce and fry a little more awesome! If you like buffalo sauce!
  • Anaryne26
    Anaryne26 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love using Old Bay. Easy, simple, and the chicken comes out delicious every single time. It works well with both boneless, skinless chicken breasts and bone-in, skin-on split chicken breasts. I'm sure it'd work just as well as thighs and legs. I either roast them in the oven, or preferably, grill them over charcoal or gas....determined by the weather.
  • deason91
    deason91 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think the more seasonings you put on chicken, the better. Chicken itself is so bland. I have a rub that has thyme, basil, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, cumin, sea salt, black pepper, and a little chili powder. And none of that adds any calories (I don't think).
  • grammagrape
    grammagrape Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    jerk!
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I dice a chicken breast. Fry it in butter. And then add franks hot sauce and fry a little more awesome! If you like buffalo sauce!

If you want to blow your mind, add a bit of honey and some parmesan cheese to your buffalo sauce.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    jerk!

Agree, but I am picky about it - Walkerswood jerk seasoning from Jamaica; the wet rub in the glass jar.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What great suggestions!
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Salsa and cheese in the crockpot with chicken or even pork. Add black beans for more oomph.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I like Trader Joe's Chili Lime spice, and also use paprika because it makes the chicken look more appetizing.
  • its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Have you tried chicken cordon bleu? We do a very unsophisticated version sometimes by sticking some mozzarella in the middle and wrapping with ham. If we’re feeling fancy we do an egg / bread crumb coating and bake.

Other that that, I love cooking thin sliced chicken in sesame oil in a wok on high heat with some Otajoy sauce and stir fry veg. So good!
  • KaitlynPeri
    KaitlynPeri Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts liberally coated with taco seasoning baked at 400 covered for 30 minutes along with 1/2 cup cooked rice, 1/2 cup corn, 1/2 cup black beans and salsa to taste, once chicken is cooked through, top with shredded cheese and broil until melted.
  • melissawaters89
    melissawaters89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I always season my chicken the same way and I'm getting bored with it. I use garlic, paprika, cumin, chili powder and some onion powder sometimes. Put it in a zip lock with oil, and a little lime juice and add the chicken then mixed it around while oven heats to 425 and bake for 20 minutes. Sometimes I'll cover it for the first half then uncover it fit the remainder time.

It comes out really good but I wanna try something different.,
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Fresh lemon and organic Italian blend seasoning from Wal-Mart

Rosemary, garlic, orange peel

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I always season my chicken the same way and I'm getting bored with it. I use garlic, paprika, cumin, chili powder and some onion powder sometimes. Put it in a zip lock with oil, and a little lime juice and add the chicken then mixed it around while oven heats to 425 and bake for 20 minutes. Sometimes I'll cover it for the first half then uncover it fit the remainder time.

It comes out really good but I wanna try something different.,

I tend to make homemade seasoning but Emeril's chicken rub is actually pretty good. Alternatively, I alter the preparation method rather than the seasonings. Use that chicken breast to make chicken a la king (with a stock base instead of dairy), arroz con poyo (chicken with seasoned rice, pimentos, and peas), or a number of other dishes all of which can be prepared in that same 20 minutes.
  • babysladkaya
    babysladkaya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here is my latest creation: Blend kefir or any type of low-far plain yogurt with smoked paprika, salt, pepper, roasted garlic and ground coriander seeds. Cover chicken breasts in yogurt and marinate in a fridge for at least 24 hours. Put a bit of oil (I used avocado oil) in a cast iron pan, heat it till smoky, and place the chicken on it. 2 minutes per side. Put it on a plate, cover with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. Comes up juicy, so flavorful, I could not believe how well it came out.
  • bradzer7488
    bradzer7488 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try using Cranberry balsamic vinaigrette, tasty!