Weekends

Options
Weekends is near... that also means im gonna lose control and eat so much... pfftt

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have to be that way.

I bank/save calories during the week to allow for eating more on the weekends but I still aim never to exceed my TDEE by more than 100-200 cals.

Just because there's more food available or more eating out that doesn't mean you have to lose control.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    mariewatie wrote: »
    Weekends is near... that also means im gonna lose control and eat so much... pfftt

Why do you feel that's inevitable? There are many ways to manage eating on weekends to avoid overeating:
    • Banking calories from weekdays
    • Changing up meal frequency/timing
    • Increasing activity
    • Better planning
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    or chose not to...?
  • mariewatie
    mariewatie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Its bcs during the weekends, i eat out...and bcs theres so much time n food to choose from, i tend to eat big...then when i come home, movie marathons are always with snacks...
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you - weekends are a lot of eating out so a lot less ability to track accurately. I try my best to plan but it's definitely challenging.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Its bcs during the weekends, i eat out...and bcs theres so much time n food to choose from, i tend to eat big...then when i come home, movie marathons are always with snacks...

You have control over all of that. You can choose to not eat out. If you eat out, you can choose options that fit your goals. You can choose to do something besides movie marathons. Or you can choose not to snack while you watch.

When you say "there is so much time," it sounds like you might be a boredom eater. Find new hobbies that actually keep you entertained, rather than continuing to do the same old same old.
  • mariewatie
    Options
    What i meant by so much time is... during the weekdays, ive only got like an hour for lunch break and there isnt much choice to choose from as compared to weekends when im not working and i have the luxury of walking ard and choosing wat food should i eat.... hehehe
  • mariewatie
    Options

I bank/save calories during the week to allow for eating more on the weekends but I still aim never to exceed my TDEE by more than 100-200 cals.

Just because there's more food available or more eating out that doesn't mean you have to lose control.

Does that mean if i eat lesser than my proposed calories intake everyday on weekdays, im able to accumulate and eat more on weekends?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

all of which are choices that you make...
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Weekends used to be my pass to eat any and everything. I slowly realized that I was sabotaging my weight loss journey by using the weekends as an excuse to chow down. Either try and save some calories or be conscious of the choices you're making and don't forget to log your food. Good luck! ;)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options

Does that mean if i eat lesser than my proposed calories intake everyday on weekdays, im able to accumulate and eat more on weekends?

Yes, but you'd still need to be calorie aware on the weekends too or any calorie deficit could be wiped out
  • shazland
    shazland Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree, especially with it being Easter weekend..... It's gonna be hard to resist temptation (it's alcohol for me mainly). I'm planning on keeping up with my cardio every day to help compensate and making wise food choices (where I can). As you've got more time maybe you could cook something really nice but healthy?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Spend some of your free time fitting in exercise - long walks, hikes, bike rides. Use more of that free time to cook and prep healthy meals that you can eat during the week. Continue logging everything you eat as accurately as possible - even when eating out make sensible choices - if it’s a regular event you shouldn’t feel the need to overindulge since it’s not a special occasion.
  • mariewatie
    Options

Yes, but you'd still need to be calorie aware on the weekends too or any calorie deficit could be wiped out

Ahhh ok i understd tat now. Thx :)

• mariewatie
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Spend some of your free time fitting in exercise - long walks, hikes, bike rides. Use more of that free time to cook and prep healthy meals that you can eat during the week. Continue logging everything you eat as accurately as possible - even when eating out make sensible choices - if it’s a regular event you shouldn’t feel the need to overindulge since it’s not a special occasion.
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Will try this weekends :)
  • mariewatie
    Options
    shazland wrote: »
    I agree, especially with it being Easter weekend..... It's gonna be hard to resist temptation (it's alcohol for me mainly). I'm planning on keeping up with my cardio every day to help compensate and making wise food choices (where I can). As you've got more time maybe you could cook something really nice but healthy?

I dont know how to cook... hahaha i know i know, theres many easy recipes that i could follow... but at the moment, ive just got no interest in cooking so ill choose wisely on what to eat while im outside instead. Starting this weekends.
  • mariewatie
    Options
    Weekends used to be my pass to eat any and everything. I slowly realized that I was sabotaging my weight loss journey by using the weekends as an excuse to chow down. Either try and save some calories or be conscious of the choices you're making and don't forget to log your food. Good luck! ;)

Will do... thx missdeedee :)