Me vs The Girl Scouts.

Options
HappyKat5
HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
edited March 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
These are just my thoughts at the moment...and because I want a cookie.
And here's a lil backstory before you judge me.
I was in Girl Scouts from the age 7 until I was 18 years old. I'm actually a Cadet, which was a pretty big thing in the late 80's and early 90's! Research it.
Fast forward.
I'm now middle aged and can't have gluten. I WILL give you donation, but just let your mom know that you don't really want to sell cookies in front of Walmart in 30 degree weather. It's okay. I will understand.

I wanted those cookies though, but resisted NOT because I am gluten free (or trying to be) but because those cookies aren't really worth it (for some, they are.) My favorite Girl Scout cookie is the Samosa which clocks in at 150 calories for 2 cookies, But is it worth it? Sometimes.
So, what is the one thing you would sacrifice your calories for?

Replies

• klr1981
    klr1981 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    CAKE
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    A Samoa, a Thin Mint, Trefoil or Tagalong! Sooooo glad that Cookie Season is over! I bought more boxes outside the grocery store this year than ever before! So good...and I’m sure soon eńough they will have a GF option!
  • HappyKat5
    edited March 2018
    Options
    LZMiner wrote: »
    A Samoa, a Thin Mint, Trefoil or Tagalong! Sooooo glad that Cookie Season is over! I bought more boxes outside the grocery store this year than ever before! So good...and I’m sure soon eńough they will have a GF option!

I think they actually have gluten free options...but ,I know I would eat the whole box!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Brownies
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    HappyKat5 wrote: »
    I was in Girl Scouts from the age 7 until I was 18 years old. I'm actually a Cadet, which was a pretty big thing in the late 80's and early 90's! Research it.
    Fast forward.
    I'm now middle aged and can't have gluten. I WILL give you donation, but just let your mom know that you don't really want to sell cookies in front of Walmart in 30 degree weather. It's okay. I will understand.

I wanted those cookies though, but resisted NOT because I am gluten free (or trying to be) but because those cookies aren't really worth it (for some, they are.) My favorite Girl Scout cookie is the Samosa which clocks in at 150 calories for 2 cookies, But is it worth it? Sometimes.

Thin mints. Hard to resist them. And once I start I cannot stop. I substitute a couple dove dark chocolate and mint candies, because I can stick to just 2-3 of those.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Better Than Sex cake
    my mom's tuna casserole and spaghetti
    my homemade mac & cheese

Not just sacrifice calories, but eat until I'm uncomfortably full. Worth it.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Actual real homemade Christmas baking. Terrifyingly seductive.
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    A slice or two of 'Nothing Bundt Cakes' Red Velvet Cake.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,915 Member
    Options
    1houndgal wrote: »
    Fast forward.

Thin mints. Hard to resist them. And once I start I cannot stop. I substitute a couple dove dark chocolate and mint candies, because I can stick to just 2-3 of those.

My neighbor gave me a box of Thin Mints that I buried in a drawer. Once I crack it I'll have a hard time stopping. Got to find an event where I can share it. Or maybe a recipe and then I can sell them at a bake sale. Maybe Thin Mint Brownies? I have some Ghirardelli peppermint chunks I can sprinkle on top.
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    There's a little bakery in my town's market that makes the best scones, and they are HUGE! We're talking 250g (8ish oz) and 670ish calories and cost only 50p. Occasionally, I'll have one replacing breakfast, morning snack and lunch. I never hit my protein goals on those days, but totally worth it.
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I make a buttered rum cream cheese pound cake. I could crawl in it and die happy.
  • HappyKat5
    edited April 2018
    Options
    utahjulia wrote: »
    I make a buttered rum cream cheese pound cake. I could crawl in it and die happy.

Wow....and just think, we would actually find you in about 10 years...in a cheese cake. Hmmm?
    Do you Boo...Cuz, I ain’t mad atcha ya!
    And I like cheesecake, just saying.

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Fast forward.

Standing out selling the cookies in the cold/rain/snow is a character builder :).
    I'll buy a box for the troops (don't buy them for ourselves) from a GS outside on a bad day. Won't buy from the ones huddled in the lobby of a store.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Oh, Samoas! And Thin Mints stored in the freezer!

The ones I’ve tried as an adult, though, aren’t nearly as delicious as the ones I remember from childhood. I realized eventually that I could just keep chasing that remembered taste through thousands of calories’-worth of boxes...or I could just accept that things have changed. :(
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    my sister's black forest chocolate cherry cheesecake, homemade cookies, peanut butter and chocolate anything pretty much.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    This is funny! Also a former GS and also buying GS cookies from my niece at the moment. I have four boxes on top of my fridge that haven't been touched yet. I'm hoping my husband will start eating them and they'll be gone before I get any. I did choose the lesser calorie options on two of the boxes but they still aren't healthy.
    I don't really sacrifice my calories for anything. I just pre-log everything and make sure it fits into my daily calories... if it doesn't then I walk or work out more so I can eat whatever it is that I might want.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I actually only had 2 peanut butter patties this GSC (girl scout cookie) season, & there were plenty of boxes around the house. I have sacrificed for tasty adult beverages & buffalo wings from the watering hole.