I want a big Philly cheesesteak!!!

Options
Yet here I am being good with a salad!!

Replies

• Thatguyfrom215
    Thatguyfrom215 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love living near Philly haha, but they took a pool and actually the best Philly steak in the area is in Camden nj. Weird huh?
  • DaylightDuchess
    DaylightDuchess Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love living near Philly haha, but they took a pool and actually the best Philly steak in the area is in Camden nj. Weird huh?

This' great news {well, except for my waistline}, I reside closer to Camden than Philadelphia! :yum:
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I have a secretly candy bar stashed away but I'm trying to eat a salad currently... :/
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I've never had a Philly Cheese Steak before. Does Subway make a good one?
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »

NO. Not. even. the. same.

Love Philly cheesesteaks, but if you want a good one South Jersey...Gaetanos is amazing. A small will feed a family of 4.
  • melissastrine11510
    melissastrine11510 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Nope can’t even compare!
  • Thatguyfrom215
    Options
    Ive been to the yellow submarine in Maple shade NJ. They are known for a nice steak.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    So is this how an authentic one is made?

20141201-philly-cheesesteaks-vicky-wasik-4.jpg
  • Thatguyfrom215
    Options
    The best cheese steak is a unsettled debate. An authentic cheese steak should consist of a soft baked roll, freshly shaved beef, cheese of your liking(provolone, American, whiz). The add ons are for when the sandwich alone doesn't quite meet the standards for taste. Seasoned mat is the key, and watch the grease.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    The best cheese steak is a unsettled debate. An authentic cheese steak should consist of a soft baked roll, freshly shaved beef, cheese of your liking(provolone, American, whiz). The add ons are for when the sandwich alone doesn't quite meet the standards for taste. Seasoned mat is the key, and watch the grease.

cheesesteak talk.... you're okay, you damn sure are.

stick around; alright?
  • DSwales111
    DSwales111 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I had one today!
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Way to go! My best friend and her husband went out to dinner and sent me pictures of the cheese curds and wings they ordered. Yet I still carried on making my pork chops and broccoli
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Just *kitten* eat it and log it, or eat half of one. Suppressing your cravings is unsustainable.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

If you're really far away from all of these East coast "legit" philly cheesesteaks, I'd recommend Charley's for a halfway decent chain version.

Subway's take on a philly cheesesteak is just sad. Like a microwave burger from the convenience store version of a great cheeseburger.